cisco & v3.3

hosted

how do you get cisco to provision? it looks like they only like tftp.

Provisioning Cisco phones remains a tricky topic. You make one little mistake, then the whole config gets rejected. We have templates for the 7960 and the 7961 built-in; however did not work on them over the past few versions.

ok. in a multi domain enviroment when you pull a PNP config it always uses the ip of the NIC...

What do i use to override this with the domain IP? i assume there is a domain IP variable we can use instead in the template file. this will cause the cisco to work.

ok. in a multi domain enviroment when you pull a PNP config it always uses the ip of the NIC...

What do i use to override this with the domain IP? i assume there is a domain IP variable we can use instead in the template file. this will cause the cisco to work.

Multiple domains are just a problem with Cisco. You cannot use a domain name! You cannot use a domain name! You cannot use a domain name! I don't know what Cisco was thinking, but that is the way it is. Set up multiple domains, and set up multiple IP addresses, name each domain after the IP address.

We are hoping Cisco comes out with a firmware that supports DNS names in domains. Every crappy phone that I know supports this from day 1. It would be good for their reputation as a technology company.

I have been able to get ciscos to work in multi-domain my making the phone register and use the IP/proxy the domain (not the system IP). not problems so far, i have 3 customers doing this.

I have had to manually edit the cnf.xml file to make it work.

So if I knew how to modify the PNP config to use the domain IP and not the system IP. I think it would make it work.

I have been able to get ciscos to work in multi-domain my making the phone register and use the IP/proxy the domain (not the system IP). not problems so far, i have 3 customers doing this.

I have had to manually edit the cnf.xml file to make it work.

So if I knew how to modify the PNP config to use the domain IP and not the system IP. I think it would make it work.

Be very careful putting a FQDN in the proxy field. I have found it causes the phones to reboot at least every 24 hours, and they do not care if you are in the middle of a conversation or not. I have found if you just put the host name in the proxy field, and let the phone pull the rest of the domain name from the DHCP server, the phone will be stable, and you can successfully run it in multi domain mode.