Unusual Voicemail Recordings

Tom Waterman

I have 2 users each in a seperate location on 2 different PBXs. Each user will let me know that occasionaly they will get voice mails that sound exactly like a couple of LOUD farts. One of them happens to be the owner of our company. We are running the newest version in both locations however this was happening on the older version as well. There have been no spikes in CPU usuage or anything out of the ordinary and it is just one user in each location. I have also deleted there accounts and tried again with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

Hi,

...after I stopped Laughing...

Our service manager called the sound "duck farts" to quote him. (i guess it's ok)

So we have this too. i haven't determined what circumstances create them.

matt

Thank you, now I know I am not going nuts. But what is happening to the voicemails that are being left? DOes PBXnSIP have a fix for this?

Ok here is one of the voicemails. All you hear is the sound at the begining and the rest of the voicemail is dead air.

I have heard it many times.

I believe that it is the DTMF Events in the RTP stream.

It is usually there when a caller is in your mailbox and presses 0 to escape.

...I do think pbxnsip product would be more professional if this situation would be avoided...

(no vm created for the 0 press)

Although its not a huge thing.

matt

Yeah I would really like to see some sort of fix. I can even leave a message and hit 0 and I get the sound at the end of the message as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Any word on this/ I have a customer who is getting a little unhappy. Please help.

As far as DTMF is involved the fix is in the latest branch 3.3 build.

Could there be any other source for this problem? Does this problem also occur for calls between an extension and the mailbox (internal user leaving a voicemail)? Maybe it makes sense to Wireshark the traffic between the PSTN gateway and the PBX as well.

As far as DTMF is involved the fix is in the latest branch 3.3 build.

Could there be any other source for this problem? Does this problem also occur for calls between an extension and the mailbox (internal user leaving a voicemail)? Maybe it makes sense to Wireshark the traffic between the PSTN gateway and the PBX as well.

Hi,

We still have the problem too.

Just noticed one yesterday.

matt

It would be great if we can get a PCAP (Wireshark) trace of this when it happens. Maybe there is a problem with the jitter, or DTMF. We are shooting in the dark right now when it comes to this...

Ok I have the recording and the PCAP trace. The PCAP is 4 megs zipped. What email address can I send it to?

Tom