Service flag button?

Rob Lloyd

How do I setup a day/night service flag as a button on a 650 w/ sidecar? And on a 550. Ideally they would like it to light red on night mode and off in day mode.

AFAIK Polycom has no way of explicitly turning a LED on or off. The PBX has to pretend that there is a call going on on the resource that they subscribe to ("BLF"). Did you try to monitor the flag the way you monitor an extension?

I wish the buttons feature worked on Polycoms. Any idea if that will ever happen?

I will try to monitor it and see what happens. I tried it on my system and it doesn't show in the PAC. I didn't have time to try it on the phone itself, but I'll do that now.

AFAIK Polycom has no way of explicitly turning a LED on or off. The PBX has to pretend that there is a call going on on the resource that they subscribe to ("BLF"). Did you try to monitor the flag the way you monitor an extension?

I wish the buttons feature worked on Polycoms. Any idea if that will ever happen?

I will try to monitor it and see what happens. I tried it on my system and it doesn't show in the PAC. I didn't have time to try it on the phone itself, but I'll do that now.

Hey Rob, the PAC v1.9 DOES work for me.

Are you using the new PAC? the old one does work (or at least should)

I personally like the old PAC system better for seeing the status of the system.

matt

Hey Rob, the PAC v1.9 DOES work for me.

Are you using the new PAC? the old one does work (or at least should)

I personally like the old PAC system better for seeing the status of the system.

matt

I'm using the new one. I'll check out the old one thanks for checking.