Conference calling sounds horrible

joso

Hi there,

I've been told be a couple of colleagues with snom 320's that when they conference call the 3rd party in, the sound degrades and the 2 callers on line 1 and 2 say they sound distant from eachother and also distorted. I was also told that when they use the speakerphone with 1 caller on line 1, it sounds fine. It only happens when the 3rd person comes on.

I am trying to determine if this is a snom, pbxnsip or audiocodes issue.

Any help is appreciated!

Joso

Maybe someone might know about what happens when 2 outside callers join the conference. Is this a getway thing to join the callers or PBXNSIP? or is it the snom phone that joins them?

Is there enough bandwidth between the PBX and the phone? If the phone runs the conference, keep in mind that there are two calls between the PBX and the phone. If you are using handsfree mode, you might want to check out the latest conference phone (snom meetingspoint).

Hi there,

I've been told be a couple of colleagues with snom 320's that when they conference call the 3rd party in, the sound degrades and the 2 callers on line 1 and 2 say they sound distant from eachother and also distorted. I was also told that when they use the speakerphone with 1 caller on line 1, it sounds fine. It only happens when the 3rd person comes on.

I am trying to determine if this is a snom, pbxnsip or audiocodes issue.

Any help is appreciated!

Joso

Joso,

Are you using the snom320 conference button? If so, try using the pbxnsip conference. I'd like to hear what that does.

We use the conference (pbxnsip) quite a bit in house and some externally and I don't think we are hearing that.

matt

pbxnsip, if you mean network bandwidth, i am pretty sure we have plenty. I also have 2 polycom conference phones ip 6000 and ip 7000 and they do the same thing, (2 parties sounding distant)

mattlandis, i will try your suggestion.

Thanks! i am hoping to find what the issue is.