Setup the free demo system

Vodia support

HI YA'LL

so this is the link to start

http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Setup_the_free_demo_system

know I followed the steps as describe

Once the phone is registered and the trunk is registered (200 OK in status screen) will be stated in the pbx interface,

now, when i try to make a call on the soft phone, it says the call failed, it also says user does not exist, know i followed the call centric tutorial on how to set the pbx extension and trunks, why am i getting this error?

I am nooob so can anyone light sum :) light hrr.

To keep things simple:

#1- lets forget about callcentric for now

#2-Is the pbxnsip install on one computer and the softphone on another? is it windows?

#3-can you ping the server (pbxnsip) server from the pc with the xlite installed?

#4- i think by default there is an extension 40 with password of 40. Is that what you are using to setup xlite? (softphone)

#5-if you dial 840 (to dial voicemail) do you get the voice mail prompt?

some quick ideas

matt

To keep things simple:

#1- lets forget about callcentric for now

#2-Is the pbxnsip install on one computer and the softphone on another? is it windows?

#3-can you ping the server (pbxnsip) server from the pc with the xlite installed?

#4- i think by default there is an extension 40 with password of 40. Is that what you are using to setup xlite? (softphone)

#5-if you dial 840 (to dial voicemail) do you get the voice mail prompt?

some quick ideas

matt

#2 the pbxsip is install on my windows but i don't have the software show up in my programs has a standalone application

the soft phone is the only thing visible.

#3 not sure how to ping unless through a tutorial.

#4 has far as the extension is concern i followed instruction on callcentric.com that lead me to create an extension withing the pbx admin site.

#5 i just dial 840 and i did get the voice prompt

I was trying to make an outside call but, must i dial the whole number or go to pbx admin and add a short cut for the whole number?

Thanks Matt

:rolleyes:

My steps to testing a systtem:

-install and make sure you can login to the system admin.

-add 1st extension and make sure it registers (by calling a attendent or voicemail

-now add 2nd extension and make sure you can call the 1st and you have good audio.

-now add trunk and make sure you have a outgoing dial plan, test outbound call.

to setup voip successfully its good to have basic (intermediatte?) networking skills. Ping is just checking basic IP connectivity between to ip devices. ie=Ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (where xxx is an ip address of remote pc you want to check if you can connect to)

matt

great, i checked my voice mail and set it up, know to my understanding u can only make calls with users,using xlite?

and one more question when i downloaded a pbx software, i couldn't see the pbx soft phone on my windows xp any suggestion

thank u again 4 replying

My steps to testing a systtem:

-install and make sure you can login to the system admin.

-add 1st extension and make sure it registers (by calling a attendent or voicemail

-now add 2nd extension and make sure you can call the 1st and you have good audio.

-now add trunk and make sure you have a outgoing dial plan, test outbound call.

to setup voip successfully its good to have basic (intermediatte?) networking skills. Ping is just checking basic IP connectivity between to ip devices. ie=Ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (where xxx is an ip address of remote pc you want to check if you can connect to)

matt

great, i checked my voice mail and set it up, know to my understanding u can only make calls with users,using xlite?

and one more question when i downloaded a pbx software, i couldn't see the pbx soft phone on my windows xp any suggestion

thank u again 4 replying

PBX software will be added to the "Program Files" as a shortcut. It is installed as a service. If you open the "Services", you will see "pbxnsip" as a installed service.