Provisioning via HTTPS

Bites.nl

Hello there,

I have a small qeustion.

I setup a lot of phones, and use the provisioning a lot, in the pnp of the snom phones via HTTP://mydomian:poort/provisioning/snom320.htm

But when i change the PBX to HTTPS only and restart the PBX so the HTTP wont be accesible annymore.

When i try then to provision with the phone it wont connect, it trys 20 attempts and then fails.

I wonder do i need a certificate on the PBX to make HTTPS working for provisioning?

When i type in the URL in a web browser it can be found and you see the phone config files, but get the certificate error, so i kinda guess the phone is stuck on that part.

Will a certificate on the pbx for HTTPS solve this ?

Hello there,

I have a small qeustion.

I setup a lot of phones, and use the provisioning a lot, in the pnp of the snom phones via HTTP://mydomian:poort/provisioning/snom320.htm

But when i change the PBX to HTTPS only and restart the PBX so the HTTP wont be accesible annymore.

When i try then to provision with the phone it wont connect, it trys 20 attempts and then fails.

I wonder do i need a certificate on the PBX to make HTTPS working for provisioning?

When i type in the URL in a web browser it can be found and you see the phone config files, but get the certificate error, so i kinda guess the phone is stuck on that part.

Will a certificate on the pbx for HTTPS solve this ?

Not sure whether I got the complete picture.. but after you made HTTP port inaccessible, did you change the url to https://mydomian:poort/provisioning/snom320.htm?

Not sure whether I got the complete picture.. but after you made HTTP port inaccessible, did you change the url to https://mydomian:poort/provisioning/snom320.htm?

Yes i did :-)

The PBX that runs on HTTP works fine, but the PBX that works on HTTPS ask for the cerificate ofcourse when you type in the provisioning url in the browser, and you get the option close the site or go on.

So i geuss that phone is hanging on that point to, since there is no certificate for the HTTPS. ( i tryed the HTTPS on 2 PBX servers both have the same hanging on provisioning with the phones).

The PBX that runs on HTTP works fine, but the PBX that works on HTTPS ask for the cerificate ofcourse when you type in the provisioning url in the browser, and you get the option close the site or go on.

So i geuss that phone is hanging on that point to, since there is no certificate for the HTTPS. ( i tryed the HTTPS on 2 PBX servers both have the same hanging on provisioning with the phones).

The snom phones need some provisoning files in HTTP format. This is because for these cases, the HTTP authentication does not work with HTTPS. Therefore you need to have both HTTP and HTTPS port open.