tel:alias

hosted

Well what counts are extensions. An extension has one or more primary or alias names, for example "123", "jf" or "tel:2123456789". If the only alias is a tel: alias, well then it counts. If an extension has zero primary or alias names, then it does not exist any more (deleted).

Not sure if that made it more clear.

Well what counts are extensions. An extension has one or more primary or alias names, for example "123", "jf" or "tel:2123456789". If the only alias is a tel: alias, well then it counts. If an extension has zero primary or alias names, then it does not exist any more (deleted).

Not sure if that made it more clear.

I have primary extension = 20 and an alias of tel:801xxxxxxx

it is taking a a user license and an extension license.. is that right? if so then in theory if i buy a 10 user license and have 10 DID's i cant do anything else...

Look at the file system. There you find the following three directories (amonst others):

extensions: Here you find extensions (which are one kind of accounts). The size of this dir is limited by the license parameter "extensions". In the case of an Office 10, you may have up to ten entries in this directory.

users: Here you find the "accounts", which may include extensions, auto attendants, conference rooms, and others. The size of this directory is limited by the license key "accounts". In the case of an office 10, the size is limited to something like 20 (not sure), so that you can have also other accounts like auto attendants & Co.

user_alias: This dir contains the alias names for accounts, for example "123", "fred.feuerstein" or "tel:123454546". There is no license limitation to the size of this dir. That means you can have hundreds of alias names for one extension, and it would still take only one license.

Look at the file system. There you find the following three directories (amonst others):

extensions: Here you find extensions (which are one kind of accounts). The size of this dir is limited by the license parameter "extensions". In the case of an Office 10, you may have up to ten entries in this directory.

users: Here you find the "accounts", which may include extensions, auto attendants, conference rooms, and others. The size of this directory is limited by the license key "accounts". In the case of an office 10, the size is limited to something like 20 (not sure), so that you can have also other accounts like auto attendants & Co.

user_alias: This dir contains the alias names for accounts, for example "123", "fred.feuerstein" or "tel:123454546". There is no license limitation to the size of this dir. That means you can have hundreds of alias names for one extension, and it would still take only one license.

so what you are saying it i can have 100 tel:alias's.. it doesnt count against my licence. so therefore i go back to my original question. All i did was add an tel:alias and it said i didnt have enough licenses. I had to delete a hunt group to add it.

so what you are saying it i can have 100 tel:alias's.. it doesnt count against my licence. so therefore i go back to my original question. All i did was add an tel:alias and it said i didnt have enough licenses. I had to delete a hunt group to add it.

BTW the object was in user_alias as 137.xml so im kinda thinking BUG at this point.

ok. ill just call it a bug :(

Extensions: 9/10 Accounts: 17/21

very cool

But this just goes to prove my point.

every DID counts as a license on the "Accounts" which is really bad. because that means I can install a PBX with 10 phones and 10 DID's and the license is FULL!