Step by step auto provision please.

Angus Parker

Hi support,

I have been trying to get the auto provisioning to work on the snom 320.

I have put the user@domain.com.au in the http client with the domain password with no joy.

I have also tried it with the account web password. still no joy.

I am about to pay for 2 hosted 100 servers and order more. Kevin nows me well. Can someone please help me

or even login to the phone and the server and help me.

I will not post these details i need someone to call me from our website.

www.onecontact.com.au then just click on the click to call we have built.

I then have to get this working on astra and linksys.. PS can someone please ask if Kevin got the yealink t-28's i sent? :blink:

Hi support,

I have been trying to get the auto provisioning to work on the snom 320.

I have put the user@domain.com.au in the http client with the domain password with no joy.

I have also tried it with the account web password. still no joy.

I am about to pay for 2 hosted 100 servers and order more. Kevin nows me well. Can someone please help me

or even login to the phone and the server and help me.

I will not post these details i need someone to call me from our website.

www.onecontact.com.au then just click on the click to call we have built.

I then have to get this working on astra and linksys.. PS can someone please ask if Kevin got the yealink t-28's i sent? :blink:

Check this out: http://www.pbxnsip.com/snom/snom_user_manual_10.pdf, that also describes how to set snom phones up.

Can you send me a private message with the server address and username/password so that we can try from here? Maybe the domain login would be useful as well, for a test domain.

Check this out: http://www.pbxnsip.com/snom/snom_user_manual_10.pdf, that also describes how to set snom phones up.

Can you send me a private message with the server address and username/password so that we can try from here? Maybe the domain login would be useful as well, for a test domain.

Ok this is what i have been doing.. still not working.

hmmm i'm getting very frustrated. the server is hosted and i can login on the client web using the ful domaiin and password. This is what i am also putting into the phones.

along with http://server-domain.com.au/provisioning/snom320.htm. Still no joy.

what am i missing. Is there someone there why can have a go on my server and please tell me..

please someone help me..

Ok this is what i have been doing.. still not working.

hmmm i'm getting very frustrated. the server is hosted and i can login on the client web using the ful domaiin and password. This is what i am also putting into the phones.

along with http://server-domain.com.au/provisioning/snom320.htm. Still no joy.

what am i missing. Is there someone there why can have a go on my server and please tell me..

please someone help me..

What http port are you using???? (80, 8080, or ???)

port 80

First of all I will adwise you to hange the port to 81, 8080, 8081 (basically just something else) so the search engines & hackers will not find it (at least not easy).

I have my self had a lot of problems with it, but to day the PNP works perfect (we run a couble of hosted servers)

• 4 weeks later...
First of all I will adwise you to hange the port to 81, 8080, 8081 (basically just something else) so the search engines & hackers will not find it (at least not easy).

I have my self had a lot of problems with it, but to day the PNP works perfect (we run a couble of hosted servers)

I have found the PnP functionality to be VERY touchy - especially if you are playing around with it. If I put ANYTHING in the tftp folder and a phone downloads it, it seems to break the PnP function forever. I mean, you can't bring it back unless you back up the server, clear the tftp folder, clear the 'generated folder' (off the pbx root) , factory reset the server and restore from the back up. Really, it blows.

I may be wrong, but from my fumblings with the things, (both a windows version and a cs410) it consistently breaks in this way. You get TFTP or pnp, but not both and you can't switch back and forth.

In any case, for automatic phone setup here are your choices:

- Manual registration:

A true pain as you must log into each phone to set it up . Not recommended unless you have an un-supported phone (like the snom Meeting Point).

- TFTP (Option 66)

The older way where you must manually create whatever load files needed for your phones and drop them into the tftp folder. When you boot a phone, it gets the tftp IP address from your DHCP server and pulls the files from the tftp server in pbxnsip (or, potentially any TFTP server you have).

- PnP

This is the newest (from what I've read here) way and you need to merely plug in a supported phone. It will do a broadcast discovery and find your pbxnsip server (make sure you have only one with pnp turned on!) and the server will magically auto generate the settings from the choices you've made in your pbx setup and send them to the phone. The tftp folder IS NOT USED - it stays empty. It will also check the software version of your phone and automatically upgrade it (based on the URL string you have in the configuration screen).

In your accounts section, if you have each phone's mac address in the registration tab, you can assign extensions. If you put a * in the mac address field, new phones will randomly register with the available extensions and the mac address will populate. You can then copy and paste the mac addresses where you want them, re-boot the phones (or power cycle your poe switch) and the extensions will be correctly assigned.

Again, I have noticed that it can be really, really touchy and even putting some settings back will not get it working again the way you might expect it to. You CANNOT use both tftp and pnp on the same pbxnsip server. If you use tftp even once, pnp will break forever and you must factory reset the server. Set up a test machine and do a fresh install (or just back up your settings and do a factory reset as above) and you can see how it works. Once it all clicks in your head and you understand it, then give it a whirl. Hopefully with the 4.0 release the boys in Deutschland will give us options to better control this behavior, but it seems like they just wanted to get the functionality working and kind of crammed it in the latest release. You don't get a whole lot of feedback and the above information I learned though painful trial and error.