Aastra PnP File

Vodia PBX

For those who are usung Aastra phones, here is the template that the PBX uses for configuring the phones. Comments and improvements welcome. You must use version 2.1 or higher to use the files.

The aastra_mac.txt file is used per phone, the aastra.txt file is just the first file that is being loaded to point the phone to the real configuration file.

aastra.txt

aastra_mac.txt

• 3 weeks later...
For those who are usung Aastra phones, here is the template that the PBX uses for configuring the phones. Comments and improvements welcome. You must use version 2.1 or higher to use the files.

The aastra_mac.txt file is used per phone, the aastra.txt file is just the first file that is being loaded to point the phone to the real configuration file.

Pardon my ignorance but what do I need to do with these configuration files? I know how to work with the aastra.cfg and MAC.cfg files which are well documented in the Aastra manuals. However, I do not understand how these *.txt files tie in with that, what I need to modify, where I put them etc. etc.

If you put them into the html directory of the PBX (relative to the working directory), the PBX will use these files as templates for generating the config information on the fly. There is some information in http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Automatic_Provisioning, not 100 % up to the latest and greatest but a good start (we need to update that eventually).

Usually you don't have to do anything with these files - as long as you are satisfied with the default config in there. But we found that it is much more flexible that we hand out these files, minor adjustments become much easier this way. In that case - just put them into them html directory and change them as you like.

The latest 2.1 RC1 version contains all PnP files in the html directory, including those Aastra files.

If you put them into the html directory of the PBX (relative to the working directory), the PBX will use these files as templates for generating the config information on the fly. There is some information in http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Automatic_Provisioning, not 100 % up to the latest and greatest but a good start (we need to update that eventually).

Usually you don't have to do anything with these files - as long as you are satisfied with the default config in there. But we found that it is much more flexible that we hand out these files, minor adjustments become much easier this way. In that case - just put them into them html directory and change them as you like.

The latest 2.1 RC1 version contains all PnP files in the html directory, including those Aastra files.

Provision Aastra phones? wooooooot including BLA?