Snom 360 multicast provisioning

mattlandis

Hello,

I'm pretty impressed at how the multi-cast provisioning is supposed to work.

If I'm correct, all I need to do is type the MAC address in the extension in pbxnsip and boot the phone. Wow.

So far I've done two snom phones this way. But neither time afterphone reboots was the phone registering to pbxnsip. Then i would reset the phone (using snom reset to factory)and let it provision again . Each of the 2 phones requires several resets and reprovisioning till they would actually register. (the times they DIDN"T work the phones would either hang or ask for language...)

Is there something I could be doing wrong to cause this?

I had been using the method of typeing the provisioning string into the phones but I have a bunch of phones and thot the way this SHOULD work sounds quite time saving. Any ideas?

tx

matt

So far I've done two snom phones this way. But neither time afterphone reboots was the phone registering to pbxnsip. Then i would reset the phone (using snom reset to factory)and let it provision again . Each of the 2 phones requires several resets and reprovisioning till they would actually register. (the times they DIDN"T work the phones would either hang or ask for language...)

If the phone does not register there must be something going on. A couple of reboot cycles is okay to fetch the firmware that has been set up on the PBX (make sure that you are not running version 6 on the phones!!!). But then it should be registered.

If not - at least we can say it has nothing to do with the multicast. I would focus on finding out why the phones are not registered.

If the phone does not register there must be something going on. A couple of reboot cycles is okay to fetch the firmware that has been set up on the PBX (make sure that you are not running version 6 on the phones!!!). But then it should be registered.

If not - at least we can say it has nothing to do with the multicast. I would focus on finding out why the phones are not registered.

Ok, to clarify: the problem is the phone is not provisioning...(ithe problem is not that it is not registering)

The snom phones are new so they have firmware version 6.xx.xx to start with.

Matt

Ok, to clarify: the problem is the phone is not provisioning...(ithe problem is not that it is not registering)

The snom phones are new so they have firmware version 6.xx.xx to start with.

Matt

To answer my own question it appears that Snom phones need to be upgraded to 7.3.14 before the multicast provisioning works.

This kind of take the pizzazs out of multicast provisioning as you need to login to the phone first. IS this correct?

Also, i've noticed that the phone upgrades the firmware one extra time after the phone has registered? Should it do this?

tx

Matt

To answer my own question it appears that Snom phones need to be upgraded to 7.3.14 before the multicast provisioning works.

This kind of take the pizzazs out of multicast provisioning as you need to login to the phone first. IS this correct?

Also, i've noticed that the phone upgrades the firmware one extra time after the phone has registered? Should it do this?

tx

Matt

Can you verify what is set under "Admin->Settings->PnP:Firmware for snom 360:" under PBX?

http://provisioning.snom.com/download/fw/s....3.14-SIP-f.bin

(this is what was default from install)

matt

Generally, the firmware also gets updated as long as you have the new version set on the PBX (based on the your response you have the new version set - 6.x to 7.x). Sometimes phones may need an intermediate version before they can go to the final version. If that is the case, you will have to do more than 'just' putting the MAC address under the extension and reboot the phone.

Generally, the firmware also gets updated as long as you have the new version set on the PBX (based on the your response you have the new version set - 6.x to 7.x). Sometimes phones may need an intermediate version before they can go to the final version. If that is the case, you will have to do more than 'just' putting the MAC address under the extension and reboot the phone.

#1- What do I do to go from 6.x to7.x ?

I've finally figured out how to get multicast to work: i downgraded to 3.2 (3.3 did NOT work) rrggg..

tx

matt

• 1 month later...
REALLY - JULY 9 has come and gone - Any Love yet?

Just recently one of our customers used https://pbxnsipsupport.com/index.php?_m=kno...kbarticleid=322 to successfully test the multicast feature on 3.4.

Check out the, if you are using snom phones, the "Advanced->SIP/RTP: Multicast" section to see whether phone is listening on any mcast addresses