one-way audio

Parks

We're experiencing this and believe it's because of a recent windows update. We reinstalled the os and it still happens. Can or does anyone have any other ideas?

Basically the pbxnsip service doesn't auto start on reboot and when starting manually can take a few tries. It goes half way and hangs and sometimes starts and sometimes gives an error message that M$ doesn't have any help with.

We're experiencing this and believe it's because of a recent windows update. We reinstalled the os and it still happens. Can or does anyone have any other ideas?

Basically the pbxnsip service doesn't auto start on reboot and when starting manually can take a few tries. It goes half way and hangs and sometimes starts and sometimes gives an error message that M$ doesn't have any help with.

Could be a Windows firewall problem. If nothing else changed. I remember that some Windows update made the rules for Windows filewall more strict.

Last resort is to install Wireshark and investigate the true flow of media.

If the automatic start fails that can be a hint that there are too many CDR stored in the file system. Try to make the CDR duration shorter.

Could be a Windows firewall problem. If nothing else changed. I remember that some Windows update made the rules for Windows filewall more strict.

Last resort is to install Wireshark and investigate the true flow of media.

If the automatic start fails that can be a hint that there are too many CDR stored in the file system. Try to make the CDR duration shorter.

We don't have windows firewall but do use juniper and that's been fine as we have the tcp and udp ports open for the sip and rtp traffic. We have the cdrs duration set to 90 days which should be fine. I can always change sense we don't use the pbxnsip cdrs.

What would I be looking for in the pcap?

We don't have windows firewall but do use juniper and that's been fine as we have the tcp and udp ports open for the sip and rtp traffic. We have the cdrs duration set to 90 days which should be fine. I can always change sense we don't use the pbxnsip cdrs.

Well, the "Windows Firewall" runs locally on the computer that is running Windows and it tends to block incoming or outgoing traffic. This should help getting trojan horses and other stuff under control ("Trust me, I am a soft phone. Please let me open the connection to the public Internet with a secret protocol and let me have access to your file system"). Microsoft Windows usually generates a pop-up that should warn the user when a program wants to open ports. I think because most users always just click okay Microsoft changed the strategy (even if the warning says "a program called 'StealAllYourData' tries to open the connection to the Internet. Do you agree with this?"). Funny story.

What would I be looking for in the pcap?

I believe you would look for RTP going into both directions. AFAIK the PCAP trace is already "behind" the Windows firewall, which means you see what is really going on on the cable.

Well, the "Windows Firewall" runs locally on the computer that is running Windows and it tends to block incoming or outgoing traffic. This should help getting trojan horses and other stuff under control ("Trust me, I am a soft phone. Please let me open the connection to the public Internet with a secret protocol and let me have access to your file system"). Microsoft Windows usually generates a pop-up that should warn the user when a program wants to open ports. I think because most users always just click okay Microsoft changed the strategy (even if the warning says "a program called 'StealAllYourData' tries to open the connection to the Internet. Do you agree with this?"). Funny story.

I believe you would look for RTP going into both directions. AFAIK the PCAP trace is already "behind" the Windows firewall, which means you see what is really going on on the cable.

I don't think you read my last post because WE DON'T use windows firewall at all. It's also not on every calls so leaving wireshark on might be hugh but guess I can always try it.

On a side note, if you having issues with the start, please verify that the windows update has not taken HTTP port that the PBX is using (80, 443). If these ports are not available, then the PBX will not start.

On a side note, if you having issues with the start, please verify that the windows update has not taken HTTP port that the PBX is using (80, 443). If these ports are not available, then the PBX will not start.

I rebuilt the server again last night. So far so good. Keeping my fingers crossed. We didn't update windows through September but rather through April.

Hopefully everything is fixed.