Origination / Termination question

Allstate Computers

We have two SIP providers.

One provides us with a single unlimited local/long distance trunk that handles both incoming and outgoing calls. It has an account, domain, username, password, and outbound proxy.

The second provider gives us with a termination IP address and two originatinon IP addresses. They give us two origination IP addresses for load balancing purposes. We never know which IP the phone call will come in on. This setup requires us to have three trunks, one termination, and two origination. There is no account, domain, username or password, just an outbound proxy for each trunk.

This works fine in a pbx setup. I cannot figure out how to emulate a key system with this though. I have 6 buttons to handle what in the PSTN world would be considered 2 phone lines. I have CO lines for out1 and out2 in my termination trunk. I also have CO lines for in1 and in2 as well as in3 and in4. This is because I have to allow the call to come in over one of the two origination IP address. Is there a better way to handle this? Is there a way to make it work like the first provider that we have a single unlimited local/long distance trunk with?

Thanks,

Brian

This works fine in a pbx setup. I cannot figure out how to emulate a key system with this though. I have 6 buttons to handle what in the PSTN world would be considered 2 phone lines. I have CO lines for out1 and out2 in my termination trunk. I also have CO lines for in1 and in2 as well as in3 and in4. This is because I have to allow the call to come in over one of the two origination IP address. Is there a better way to handle this? Is there a way to make it work like the first provider that we have a single unlimited local/long distance trunk with?

If you want to map CO lines to buttons on the phone you need a phone that supports that. We have developed a special protocol that does that. Currently only snom phones support that. You can configure that through the web interface and the PnP of the PBX.