how to change audio prompts

mattlandis

Hello,

#1- HOw do we change audio prompts?

I see http://kiwi.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Localization but not very clear.

Do we just copy prompt into a folder called audio_XX where XX is language?

#2-HOw do we change the prompts in the cs410? (i know nothing about linux...well, basically nothing...tx ;-)

tx

matt

As the page points out the WAV file should use 8 kHz Mono, 16 bit files. You can record the files outside and manually copy them to audio_en (for English). You can do the same for CS410.

As the page points out the WAV file should use 8 kHz Mono, 16 bit files. You can record the files outside and manually copy them to audio_en (for English). You can do the same for CS410.

But how do you copy a file to the cs410? is there a method thru the web interface? i know nothin about linux...

matt

• 5 months later...
Oh! If you use "SSH Secure Shell Client", it has a graphical file transfer option (similar to ftp clients). So you can drag-n-drop the files.

Hi, I want to setup a custom Auto Attendant with some Direct Destinations as follows:

1. General Manager

2. Human Resourses

3. Sales

4. Accounting

5. Technical Support

I´m usig an SSH secure shell client to over write the .wav files in the PBX (the new prompts are in spanish). The thing is that when I login to the PBX via web browser and I go to the Attendant Edit Page, in the Direct Destinations I have only four options: sales, support, accounting and other inquiries. I´ve over written 4 wav files corresponding to before mentioned options, but I still have one left, and the PBX doesn´t give another direct destination option so I can choose and over write the corresponding wav file.

Is there any way to add new options to the Direct Destination selection?

or is there any other way to do what I´m tring to do?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Is there any way to add new options to the Direct Destination selection?

or is there any other way to do what I´m tring to do?

You definitevely have to restart the system to pick up the new prompts. If you also have a English directory, copy the prompts also there (even if they are actually Spanish), so that the PBX can find these files.

You definitevely have to restart the system to pick up the new prompts. If you also have a English directory, copy the prompts also there (even if they are actually Spanish), so that the PBX can find these files.

Hi. First of all I want to thank you for your support.

The audio files I over written (custom spanish prompts) are working perfectly.

The problem that I have is that the PBX only give me four (4) options for the Direct Destinations (sales, support, accounting, other inquiries), please see picture attached.

As I explain to you in the post before I need five (5) Direct Destination.

The internal PBX configuation asociates the direct destination selection (e.g. for sales...) to an audio file (e.g. aa_sales.wav). As the PBX only gives me 4 options I can only over write 4 audio files, however I need 5.

The question is if there is any way to add direct destination options (e.g. for human resources...) so they can chosen from the direct destination menu and give me the possibility to asociate this option to an audio file.

Thanks a lot.

post-2799-1272379113_thumb.jpg

The problem that I have is that the PBX only give me four (4) options for the Direct Destinations (sales, support, accounting, other inquiries), please see picture attached.

What version are you using? Maybe you are using a version that does not support more destinations. However, check the content of the xx.xml file in the attendants directory. You may "hack" this by just writing the file there into the xml file--also requires a restart. But this might save you from upgrading the system.

What version are you using? Maybe you are using a version that does not support more destinations. However, check the content of the xx.xml file in the attendants directory. You may "hack" this by just writing the file there into the xml file--also requires a restart. But this might save you from upgrading the system.

Hello.

The CS410 version is 3.4.0.3201.

Thanks for your support.

Did you locate the attendant file? it should be in /pbx/attendants/xx.xml. Maybe you can paste the file here and we can tell you what you can do with this file.

Hello. At the Attendant directory there are 3 xml files: "1.xml", "2.xml" and "table.xml".

You'll find these files attached so you can help me out with this.

Thanks.

1.xml

2.xml

If I upgrade the software do I have to setup the appliance again? or I can just back it up and upload again?

If you have a quiet moment you can make a backup of all files, then perform the upgrade, try it out and if you don't want to use it, you can restore the backup and continue with the old setup.

P.S. Don't use the web interface for the web interface, use SSH to login and do it on the file system.