Broadvoice

JWoods

Greetings to whomever might be able to help,

We just bought Broadvoice, and are trying to connect it to our PBXNSIP system, however, we keep getting the error message: 408 Request Timeout (Registration failed, retry after 60 seconds)

Our account number is our phone number I believe...

The outbound pox that we are using was recommended on this board earlier:

proxy.nyc.broadvoice.com:5060

Is the domain listed in registering this as a trunk supposed to be the sip.broadvoice.com that they recommend when purchasing their stuff...

Also, we said yes to avoid RFC4122 (UUID), so I know it isn't that....

If anyone has struggled with this and found the answer, please let us know. I would appreciate it. Thanks!!

--Jeff

Greetings to whomever might be able to help,

We just bought Broadvoice, and are trying to connect it to our PBXNSIP system, however, we keep getting the error message: 408 Request Timeout (Registration failed, retry after 60 seconds)

Our account number is our phone number I believe...

The outbound pox that we are using was recommended on this board earlier:

proxy.nyc.broadvoice.com:5060

Is the domain listed in registering this as a trunk supposed to be the sip.broadvoice.com that they recommend when purchasing their stuff...

Also, we said yes to avoid RFC4122 (UUID), so I know it isn't that....

If anyone has struggled with this and found the answer, please let us know. I would appreciate it. Thanks!!

--Jeff

We tried Broadvoice a while back, it did register, make sure your account is set for BYOD, and you get a sip password from them.

We tried Broadvoice a while back, it did register, make sure your account is set for BYOD, and you get a sip password from them.

Thanks for the info. We do have the sip password, which we have correctly entered, and as for BYOD, I asked Broadvoice what that was, and they said it was just info. on the account, so I assume our account must be set for BYOD. It still is not registering... Broadvoice is no help either... they basically tell me since we are using a device that does not have a configuration with them, there is nothing they can tell us... I don't know what else to do. I do appreciate your help!

Thanks for the info. We do have the sip password, which we have correctly entered, and as for BYOD, I asked Broadvoice what that was, and they said it was just info. on the account, so I assume our account must be set for BYOD. It still is not registering... Broadvoice is no help either... they basically tell me since we are using a device that does not have a configuration with them, there is nothing they can tell us... I don't know what else to do. I do appreciate your help!

What is the PBX logs showing?

What is the PBX logs showing?

Well I WAS getting error 408, timeout when I would have the outbound proxy set to proxy.nyc.broadvoice.com, and if I would change the outbound proxy to the other recommendation of proxy-nyc, I would get error 500, address issues, but now since I came into work this morning, My trunk doesn't give me an error message, it says: 200 OK (refresh interval 15 seconds), which that is completely new. So I am attempting to register it, and if it does indeed register, I will post what settings worked here for me. It is weird though because I really haven't changed anything, it just all of a sudden decides it wants to work...

Well I WAS getting error 408, timeout when I would have the outbound proxy set to proxy.nyc.broadvoice.com, and if I would change the outbound proxy to the other recommendation of proxy-nyc, I would get error 500, address issues, but now since I came into work this morning, My trunk doesn't give me an error message, it says: 200 OK (refresh interval 15 seconds), which that is completely new. So I am attempting to register it, and if it does indeed register, I will post what settings worked here for me. It is weird though because I really haven't changed anything, it just all of a sudden decides it wants to work...

200 OK means it successfully registered.

So jut to update you, I DID get it working, for some reason, overnight, my error messages changed to the one I have shown above. The only thing I did yesterday that I hadn't done before was add the number to the account name, and for domain added sip.broadvoice.com

I am just guessing here, but it seems as if they don't update but once every 24 hours, and most likely all of my issues were me trying to get registration done at that moment.

But anyways, I really appreciate your help, thank you!

--Jeff

When you make a change on the PBX, it should try it right away as soon as you hit the register button

Yeah that is what I thought... which I imagine is true. Most likely it is on the Broadvoice side of things... as to when they accept the register... either that or I don't know how to explain it. I just know that sometime in the middle of the night, our settings were accepted, and everything is working now... weird.