End users can't change web GUI password

voipguy

Hi,

Were using PBXNSIP 4.0.1.3438 centos

I gave my customers a temp web password which they used to login to the GUI, then they try to change the password to something new but it doesn't work. The old password just sticks, entering a new password and saving it doesn't seem to work. I can login as admin and change it for them and the new one works but they should be able to do it.

Is this a bug in version 4.0.1.3438?

Thanks

We had that problem in some early beta versions, but should be fixed now... Do you still have some old files in the HTML folder? Or do you have JavaScript disabled? The web page needs Javascript for this job, because we want to verify if both fields are the same and only populate it when they are.

We had that problem in some early beta versions, but should be fixed now... Do you still have some old files in the HTML folder? Or do you have JavaScript disabled? The web page needs Javascript for this job, because we want to verify if both fields are the same and only populate it when they are.

Hi pbxnsip,

The system was a clean install of Linux 64 bit, then installed 4.0.1.3433.....but now at 4.0.1.3438

My html directory only has 1 file "helplinks.txt" and sub dir called img with my custom logo.

My web browser does have Javascript enabled. Also tried 3 other computers with different browsers and same problem.

Can you test version 4.0.1.3438.....login as end user and try changing your web password....it won't save for me.

Thanks

I also tested this with the latest 4.0.1.3442 and the end user still can't change their web password.

Tested it here. Worked fine.

Note, they have to type both "web password & web password (repeat)". Also, if they type 4 character password, PBX will show 10 dots there (so don't get fooled by that)

Tested it here. Worked fine.

Note, they have to type both "web password & web password (repeat)". Also, if they type 4 character password, PBX will show 10 dots there (so don't get fooled by that)

It doesn't work.

Doesn't matter which computer I use or web browser, the end user can't change their web password.

This is how I tested:

1. Opened up web browser and went to domain that customer is in.

2. Entered customer login name - 4166381234@test1.mydomain.com

3. Entered password.

4. Login Type is Automatic

5. Went to settings, changed web password to test1234 did the repeat password.

6. Clicked Save

7. I logged out.

8. Closed web browser - opened new web browser.

9. Tried logging in with new password and it doesn't work - I can use the old password and that lets me login.

10. Tried this from different computers/web browsers and still doesn't work.

Is your test system setup as a multi domain? If yours is not could that make a difference as to why yours works and mine doesn't? I know it made a difference with one other bug report where your tech said it works for them but not me until I said make sure your testing in a multi domain system and not just localhost...soon as he changed it to multi domain he was able to duplicate the bug on his end.

If you are testing on a multi domain system and it works for you do you have any suggestions for on how I can get this working?

Can other PBXNSIP customers who are using ver 4.0.1.3442 test this to see if it's not just me that's having this problem.

Thanks

It doesn't work.

Doesn't matter which computer I use or web browser, the end user can't change their web password.

This is how I tested:

1. Opened up web browser and went to domain that customer is in.

2. Entered customer login name - 4166381234@test1.mydomain.com

3. Entered password.

4. Login Type is Automatic

5. Went to settings, changed web password to test1234 did the repeat password.

6. Clicked Save

7. I logged out.

8. Closed web browser - opened new web browser.

9. Tried logging in with new password and it doesn't work - I can use the old password and that lets me login.

10. Tried this from different computers/web browsers and still doesn't work.

Is your test system setup as a multi domain? If yours is not could that make a difference as to why yours works and mine doesn't? I know it made a difference with one other bug report where your tech said it works for them but not me until I said make sure your testing in a multi domain system and not just localhost...soon as he changed it to multi domain he was able to duplicate the bug on his end.

If you are testing on a multi domain system and it works for you do you have any suggestions for on how I can get this working?

Can other PBXNSIP customers who are using ver 4.0.1.3442 test this to see if it's not just me that's having this problem.

Thanks

I tested it with latest 4.0.1.3442 on CentOS 5 and couldn't reproduce the problem you got. There are two domains set up on the server. I tested it on different extensions in both domains (one domain is localhost) and it worked okay.

I tested it with latest 4.0.1.3442 on CentOS 5 and couldn't reproduce the problem you got. There are two domains set up on the server. I tested it on different extensions in both domains (one domain is localhost) and it worked okay.

Hi Maslym,

Thanks for testing it.

Pbxnsip - any suggestions on why it's not working for my system? We are useing centos 5 64 bit with PBXNSIP ver 4.0.1.3442.

Hi pbx support,

I created a ticket in your system....ticket ID: YST-152607

In the ticket I put in a test login account for you to try. Please login into my system with the login details I provided and change your web password - if it doesn't change for you then that means it's not my desktop computer or web browsers that are causing the problem.

Thanks,

For anyone else reading this - pbxnsip confirmed this is a bug - when you have it set to not allow a user to change their SIP password it also prevents them from changing their WEB password - even if you have it set to allow them to change their WEB password. It will be fixed in a future release.

For anyone else reading this - pbxnsip confirmed this is a bug - when you have it set to not allow a user to change their SIP password it also prevents them from changing their WEB password - even if you have it set to allow them to change their WEB password. It will be fixed in a future release.

http://pbxnsip.com/protect/pbxctrl-centos5-4.0.1.3446 has the fix for it.