Do I need another domain or another extension?

cpendl

Currently I have the PBX configured with one domain. I'm using the auto attendant and domain-specific hold music. I want to create another "identity" within the PBX so I can call out and have a different caller ID and separate DID for incoming calls. What is the easiest way to achieve this? Do I create another extension or another domain?

Also, how is the outgoing caller ID passed on? It is through the trunk or extension?

Currently I have the PBX configured with one domain. I'm using the auto attendant and domain-specific hold music. I want to create another "identity" within the PBX so I can call out and have a different caller ID and separate DID for incoming calls. What is the easiest way to achieve this? Do I create another extension or another domain?

Also, how is the outgoing caller ID passed on? It is through the trunk or extension?

You asked:

I want to create another "identity" within the PBX so I can call out and have a different caller ID and separate DID for incoming calls.

OK, just subscribe to any ITSP (Internet Telephone Service Provider) and get a new SIP trunk and it will have its own distinct caller-id and DID number.

Then, set your Dialplan in PBXNSIP to use this new SIP trunk when ever you dial 9 as a leading digit. This way you can route outgoing calls through the new SIP trunk.

Then, set the "Send Call to Extension" on the Trunk page to where ever you want the call to be received.

------------------------------

You also asked:

This depends on the Trunk itself and I can only speak for the USA methods.

If you are using a PSTN line (normal telephone line from the phone company) then the Outgoing Caller ID is controlled by them. (the trunk)

If you are using a PRI (digital trunk) you MAY be able to control Outgoing Caller ID.

If you are using a SIP trunk, then you MAY be able to control the Outgoing Caller ID. It depends on the ITSP.

Giving control to Outgoing Caller ID could be used improperly by a subscriber so I think the ITSP's will be very cautious about doing this.

I hope this helps you......