bug in ver 4.0.1.3452 - every call being recorded twice

voipguy

Hi,

We are using version 4.0.1.3452, hosted pro +, centos, G729 codec.

Today we went from 4.0.1.3446 to the new 4.0.1.3452 and now every call is being recorded twice.

We have call recording turned on for certain extensions, q's and now we can see in the file system 2 wave files for every call being recorded - one wave file shows i for inbound and the duplicate call recording wave file has a o in the file name for outbound - we listened to many of the wave files and they are duplicate call recordings.

For right now we are going back to version 4.0.1.3446.

Can you confirm this is a bug?

Thanks

Hi,

We are using version 4.0.1.3452, hosted pro +, centos, G729 codec.

Today we went from 4.0.1.3446 to the new 4.0.1.3452 and now every call is being recorded twice.

We have call recording turned on for certain extensions, q's and now we can see in the file system 2 wave files for every call being recorded - one wave file shows i for inbound and the duplicate call recording wave file has a o in the file name for outbound - we listened to many of the wave files and they are duplicate call recordings.

For right now we are going back to version 4.0.1.3446.

Can you confirm this is a bug?

Thanks

That may not be a bug. Looks like you have recording turned on on both in & outbound calls. Check out the recording settings.

That may not be a bug. Looks like you have recording turned on on both in & outbound calls. Check out the recording settings.

That doesn't make any sence? Your either making an outbound call or your receiving an inbound call - the bug is 2 recordings for the same exact call wether it was an inbound call or an outbound call.

Soon as we went back to ver 4.0.1.3446 the problem went away - we never changed any other settings - we only went from 4.0.1.3452 back to 4.0.1.3446 and now it only has 1 recording for each call.

Here are my call recording settings:

1. Domain = record no calls for anything - that's the default

2. Sales Queue - Record incomming calls to agent group = On

3. For extension 332:

Record incoming calls to extension: On

Record outgoing calls to internal numbers: default

Record outgoing calls to external numbers: ON

Record outgoing calls to emergency numbers: default

When I use ver 4.0.1.3452 I can see in the sub folder for extension 332 that there are 2 call recordings for each call - an inbound and an outboud and the call recording audio is identical in both wave files - and the person did not make or recieve 2 calls.

That doesn't make any sence? Your either making an outbound call or your receiving an inbound call - the bug is 2 recordings for the same exact call wether it was an inbound call or an outbound call.

Well, this is a matter of perspective. If you ask the guy who got called, he will say "my call gets recorded because I record all my incoming calls" (and he might not know/care if the other side of the call also records the call). The caller might say "my call gets recorded because I record all my outgoing calls" (and he as well might not know/care if the other side of the call also records the call).

Well, this is a matter of perspective. If you ask the guy who got called, he will say "my call gets recorded because I record all my incoming calls" (and he might not know/care if the other side of the call also records the call). The caller might say "my call gets recorded because I record all my outgoing calls" (and he as well might not know/care if the other side of the call also records the call).

Hi pbxnsip,

I think we went way off track with this post.

This post is to report a specfic NEW bug in version 4.0.1.3452.

This is not 2 users in my system with call recording turned on calling each other which would make 2 recorded wave files.

I have 1 person with recording turned on and people from the outside/PSTN world that call my employee - now with this version for that 1 incomming call it is making 2 wave file recordings for the 1 incomming call and marks 1 wave file as inbound and marks the other wave file as outbound.

I think when someone takes the time to test beta software and reports bugs and gives details that PBXNSIP should test the call setup and see if can duplicate the bug - then we know if it's a bug or not. But posting back and forth for a week doesn't prove anything - you have to test the described call setup and see if you can duplicate the bug.

I went back to ver 4.0.1.3446 3 hours after I noticed the duplicate call recordings - now it's not recording 2 wave files for each call.

Maybe it's just a glitch in my system but one way to prove if it's a bug or not is for PBXNSIP to test it.

Thanks

I think when someone takes the time to test beta software and reports bugs and gives details that PBXNSIP should test the call setup and see if can duplicate the bug - then we know if it's a bug or not. But posting back and forth for a week doesn't prove anything - you have to test the described call setup and see if you can duplicate the bug.

Of course. One loop in asking what the problem is is most of the time useful to clarify the problem. We'll check it.

Of course. One loop in asking what the problem is is most of the time useful to clarify the problem. We'll check it.

Here is result (with the same exact settings you posted - below)

2. Sales Queue(666) - Record incomming calls to agent group = On

3. For extension 40: (which is on the agents list)

When call comes into the agent group 666, extension 40 rings & answers the call. Only 1 file was recorded with the name

171933-i-666-8881231234.wav (where 666 is the agent group & 8881231234 is the caller)

Can you post the 2 file names that you see? That may give some clue. Or else enable the log level to 8 & take the PBX log.

Here is result (with the same exact settings you posted - below)

2. Sales Queue(666) - Record incomming calls to agent group = On

3. For extension 40: (which is on the agents list)

When call comes into the agent group 666, extension 40 rings & answers the call. Only 1 file was recorded with the name

171933-i-666-8881231234.wav (where 666 is the agent group & 8881231234 is the caller)

Can you post the 2 file names that you see? That may give some clue. Or else enable the log level to 8 & take the PBX log.

Please have extension 40 make an external call to the PSTN world and talk to someone.....now look in the extension 40 call recording sub directory and you should see 2 wave files for that call - 1 marked with a i and one with a o.

I'm also using codec G729 and I know your test system is G711 - please set it to G729 just so it's same as my test.

Thanks

• 2 years later...

Seems there is another issue that the call also shows up twice in the call log. Maybe those problems are related.

Is it possible that this problem (bug) is also present in version 2011-4.3.0.5021 (Win64). For many internal calls i have two records in my CDR and also two recordings. My settings are:

Recording default for this domain:

Record incoming calls from hunt group: Yes

Record incoming calls from agent group: Yes

Record incoming calls from extension: Yes

Record outgoing calls to internal numbers: Yes

Record outgoing calls to external numbers: Yes

Record outgoing calls to emergency numbers: Yes

Or is this "as designed" ? What would be the right setting for recording everything, but only once ? And also logging once in CDR ?

Thanks,

Rudi

I guess it is "as designed". For example, if both A and B have recording set for incoming calls from extension and outgoing calls to internal numbers, then they will both record the call. For example, imagine they both have their own directories which only they can see, then it is a feature that the call is recorded twice. Also keep in mind more complex scenarios where the call gets transferred to B while A was talking to C for some time, then there will a longer recording and a shorter recording.