Fax to email

shopcomputer

I need some help with Fax to email for a prospect, I am not to familiar with this scenario as I usually use outside fax services.

Client will have 80 voice DID's and 32 fax DID's coming in on a T1/PRI, they want IP PBX for the voice and faxes to come to email.

I was going to go with, a sangoma card to bring the T1 into a PBXnSIP server, then how do I get PBXnSIP to forward the 32 fax DID's to a fax system?

Do I need to purchase 32 extra extensions on PBXnSIP and create 32 autoattendands to forward those extensions?

Anything less expensive than Faxback, I called them, it cost something like $3200 for 4 ports?

http://www.pbxnsipsupport.com/index.php?_m...kbarticleid=661

I was going to go with, a sangoma card to bring the T1 into a PBXnSIP server, then how do I get PBXnSIP to forward the 32 fax DID's to a fax system?

Do I need to purchase 32 extra extensions on PBXnSIP and create 32 autoattendands to forward those extensions?

If the fax server uses the call-ID in the To-header, then it should be okay to use just one extension with 32 alias names.

Anything less expensive than Faxback, I called them, it cost something like $3200 for 4 ports?

I think there was a French company offering fax to email. There was already a discussion in the fax forum some time ago.

Fax is not a simple topic, it is not that we just do a quick hack over the weekend and have a stable fax solution.

If the fax server uses the call-ID in the To-header, then it should be okay to use just one extension with 32 alias names.

I think there was a French company offering fax to email. There was already a discussion in the fax forum some time ago.

Fax is not a simple topic, it is not that we just do a quick hack over the weekend and have a stable fax solution.

Need some guidance, would love to get this 80 extension sale.

His other option is upgrading his current Telrad system for 20K to support ip extensions, the upgrade has unified messaging including fax. I know PBXnSIP does not support it directly.

I am looking for a cheaper or even open source option, rather than Faxback, and a methed to route all fax traffic or Fax DID's to that other system, with using 32 licenses, I guess creating some sort of trunk.

His other option is upgrading his current Telrad system for 20K to support ip extensions, the upgrade has unified messaging including fax. I know PBXnSIP does not support it directly.

I am looking for a cheaper or even open source option, rather than Faxback, and a methed to route all fax traffic or Fax DID's to that other system, with using 32 licenses, I guess creating some sort of trunk.

The other option might be Microsoft Exchange 2007, which also supported at one point (?) fax to email. If they already have it, they might just need the installation service to get it going.