Jump to content

Hunt Group - chain not working version 4


Happy
 Share

Recommended Posts

It looks like that the chain of hunt groups, that I am using without any problem in version 3, blocks in version 4.

 

What I am using when call gets to the pbx :

HG 92 -> HG94 -> IVR 81 -> HG95 -> IVR85 -> HG96

 

The IVR's are just for announcements, no choices have to be made (Dtmf-list : !.!95! !E!95!).

 

When I start dialing up the chain, this is what happens :

81 -> ok all the way to 96

94 -> ok all the way to 95 (call gets terminated thereafter)

92 -> ok all the way to 81 (idem)

 

I noticed that Stage 1 and 2 of the hunt groups seem to accept only extension numbers. Calls get terminated if HG or IVR are put in for example stage 2, you have to put these in the last stage. There is a good logic for that.

 

But I don't see any reason / setting why my chain gets broken. Could someone verify this, please. Version 4 is not usable for me unless I can get this fixed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It looks like that the chain of hunt groups, that I am using without any problem in version 3, blocks in version 4.

 

What I am using when call gets to the pbx :

HG 92 -> HG94 -> IVR 81 -> HG95 -> IVR85 -> HG96

 

The IVR's are just for announcements, no choices have to be made (Dtmf-list : !.!95! !E!95!).

 

When I start dialing up the chain, this is what happens :

81 -> ok all the way to 96

94 -> ok all the way to 95 (call gets terminated thereafter)

92 -> ok all the way to 81 (idem)

 

I noticed that Stage 1 and 2 of the hunt groups seem to accept only extension numbers. Calls get terminated if HG or IVR are put in for example stage 2, you have to put these in the last stage. There is a good logic for that.

 

But I don't see any reason / setting why my chain gets broken. Could someone verify this, please. Version 4 is not usable for me unless I can get this fixed.

 

PBX has a global setting called 'max_loop', which is set to 10 by default. This is added to protect against the bad loops. Maybe that is causing your chain to fail. Do you see "Too many redirection loops" in the log file?

In any case you can increase this value to a higher number & test it.

Please refer http://pbxnsipsupport.com/index.php?_m=kno...kbarticleid=413 to see how to change a global setting on the PBX.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
PBX has a global setting called 'max_loop', which is set to 10 by default. This is added to protect against the bad loops. Maybe that is causing your chain to fail. Do you see "Too many redirection loops" in the log file?

The max_loop setting does not make any difference.

What log settings do I need to capture this kind of behaviour ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
The max_loop setting does not make any difference.

 

Can anyone give me a hint on what log settings to use to create a log file, that shows me what happens to my incoming calls, when they get cut off by pbxnsip 4.0 ?

I have been using several options on the log file, but I can't track down the necessary info ...

 

Many thanks,

Marc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In order to avoid endless loops the PBX needs to count how many times a call has been redirected. The global variable (see pbx.xml) with the name "max_loop" does that. The default is 10, you probably need to set it to a higher value here. See https://www.pbxnsipsupport.com/index.php?_m...kbarticleid=413 on how to set a global parameter from the web interface.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In order to avoid endless loops the PBX needs to count how many times a call has been redirected. The global variable (see pbx.xml) with the name "max_loop" does that. The default is 10, you probably need to set it to a higher value here. See https://www.pbxnsipsupport.com/index.php?_m...kbarticleid=413 on how to set a global parameter from the web interface.

I have been testing that solution, setting max_loop to 30. It made not any difference.

There does not seem to be much logic behind it, but when I start up far enough in the chain, I get to the end. Otherwise the line gets cut.

Could a clean setup of Pbxnsip be a solution to my problem : 6 steps to get a call to its destination surely can't be a problem related to pbxnsip ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Divide and conquer is always a good idea to solve a problem...

 

Did you try something crazy high? For example, 1000? Then we can be sure that the counter is not the problem. Also, for safety restart the PBX service after chenging the value, maybe there was something going wrong with the writing of the setting into the system. And please verify the settings makes it into the pbx.xml file.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...