Memory Leak?

Friedom-Tech

Hi,

I have a client with approx 100 phones registered to pbx windows box.

Every few days the system seems to kick out all phone registrations and requires a reboot to get it back up.

When down it shows the pbxctrl process running at 750mb (see attached image)

I believe this is way too high for the process to run and could be a possible cause.

even after reboot it begins to climb almost immediately....

Any ideas?

The version number is: 3.4.0.3201 (Win32)

post-555-1288179410_thumb.png

Yea, in version 3.4 every thread still needs something like 10 MB virtual memory space, so here goes 1 GB of virtual memory space (out of 3). Another common pitfall are the CDR kept in memory, I guess you already made sure you keep only a few days history in memory.

Regarding memory leaks, we also did a lot of stuff in version 4. You might want to backup and try upgrading to a 4.2 build (maybe even 64 bit), so that you don't have to restart the system for a long time.

I have seen this exact situation in 3.4 when there is a denial of service attack. Run a packet capture to see if you have someone hammering your PBX from the outside with registration requests. If so, then block them at the firewall. The problem is that the service will not recover on it's own after the source is blocked at the firewall, you will then need to restart the service, and you will be good to go (until the next attack).

Hi,

I have a client with approx 100 phones registered to pbx windows box.

Every few days the system seems to kick out all phone registrations and requires a reboot to get it back up.

When down it shows the pbxctrl process running at 750mb (see attached image)

I believe this is way too high for the process to run and could be a possible cause.

even after reboot it begins to climb almost immediately....

Any ideas?

The version number is: 3.4.0.3201 (Win32)

One thing I would check if your system is receiving any rogue traffic.