Transfering calls with Multiple calls on hold

cfcs

I'm looking for some tips on how to hand this situation. At times we have multiple calls comming in and the receptionist will put the first call on hold then pick up the second call. She then has a hard time getting back to the fist call and sometimes ends up dropping all calls on hold. With no caller id it's hard to identify the callers on hold. Suggestions will be appreciated.

I heared some time ago that receptionist with a lot of calls associate calls with colors. They mark a key with a color. I thought that was an interesting idea.

A less stressing method is to use a ACD for the receptionist. Then he or she can process the calls one by one, and the PBX can even say the initial greeting "welcome to company xy, you are talking to abc".

I heared some time ago that receptionist with a lot of calls associate calls with colors. They mark a key with a color. I thought that was an interesting idea.

A less stressing method is to use a ACD for the receptionist. Then he or she can process the calls one by one, and the PBX can even say the initial greeting "welcome to company xy, you are talking to abc".

OK I found out more detail about his problem. I have a hunt group that rings extension 500 for 15 seconds then 508 for 15 seconds with a final destination of 700 the auto attendant. The problem is that when 500 and 508 are on the phone and a third call comes in something gets messed up and they are unable to transfer there current calls. Help Please.

Well, you can still move that hunt group to a ACD. Then the agents can process the requests one by one.

Alternatively, consider some "tricks" for the agents to write down caller information on paper while answering calls. I mean it, I heared from a very professional call center they do that by color...