Maximum Number of Calls

koolandrew

It appears to be some confusion regarding this topic.

1. on the post, you mentioned that you cannot limit external calls, other than using CO lines.

Then here is my query?

1. What is the number of calls setting when setting up a domain being used for?????????

My experience has been when i set it to two, i can only do 1 call. I have not tried 3 as it becomes difficult, although i would imagine only 3 calls would work, please clarify.

2. Regarding CO lines, i often use different trunks for inbound and outbound calls so how would i limit the calls in that scenario, or do you have to limit this to one trunk for both.

This is a very important feature for most ITSP's so we need it to work properly.

Sorry about the last post as i was not clear. The maximum number of calls limits any type of calls and that is not helpful as it will limit the amount of calls within the pbx like pageing, i just want to be able to limit the amount of inbound/outbound calls to the PSTN and give them a a specific message if they are gong over their limit. I dont have any physical trunks just sip trunks.

Generally speaking, there is a difference between the call object and the call leg. Usually, a call consists of two call legs and one call object. But calls like paging can easily end up with ten call legs and just one call leg. The user perception is about the call object, while the PBX actually deals primarily with call legs and they cunsume the CPU resources. When you want to limit calls, you want this either to protect the CPU resources or you want this simply because your hosted clients payed only for so and so many calls.

That might lead to a lot of confusion.

I really need to be able to control the amount of calls to and from the PSTN. I appreciate where you are coming from, but this is extremely important from a billing perspective.

So i have several questions:

For co lines as that appears to be the only option

1. I like to use a global trunk for inbound so i dont have to configure a separate PBX, however, will this take into account number of co lines for an account.

2. How does rollover work, for outbound. Do i put the number of co lines there as well.

3. If the call limit is reached on inbound, is there any way to control the sip message rather than being unavailable.

Please advise.

1. I like to use a global trunk for inbound so i dont have to configure a separate PBX, however, will this take into account number of co lines for an account.

Did not understand question clearly. But, I assume you are asking if PBX uses co lines for incoming calls too. The answer is yes. If you create a global trunk with "Direction=Inbound Only" and set 4 co-lines, then PBX will accept only 4 active incoming calls on that trunk.

2. How does rollover work, for outbound. Do i put the number of co lines there as well.

Rollover/Failover is handled by the combination of trunks and dial plans. Please refer - http://wiki.snomone.com/index.php?title=Dial_Plans

3. If the call limit is reached on inbound, is there any way to control the sip message rather than being unavailable.

Currently, the call gets rejected. BTW, what kind of control are you thinking?

We need a way of letting the customer know that they have no more channels/lines and that the number dialled didnt fail, they ran out lines. Most people would be used to a busy signal from a key system, but with the pbx, they can always dial, but they wont know what happened when the call didnt go through unless they are told.

Does the trunk return a failure message? In this case it would be an idea to use failover and loop back to an auto attendant. You could try the following:

- add an auto addendant that says "No more lines" or whatever you want to say to the user on call failure

- set Failover Behavior to "On all error codes" in trunk settings

- add two dialplan rules, one with smaller priority to your trunk and one with greater priority with "Try loopback" to your auto attendant

- disable loop detection from Admin settings