Pbxnsip crush because of memory leak

centricall

We have 32 bit and version 3.4.0.3201 (Win32) pbxnsip service set up on windows server 2003 64 bit standart edition,

And the memory used by pbxnsip service increasing very fast, it crashes once in 5-6 day . In this location call traffic is very high.

But we have 15 different location that use same version of pbxnsip, but all of them does not have crush and memory problem.

and generally, Pbxnsip service set up on 32 bit windows beside these, call traffic on these locations are not as much as the location above.

What can be the reason for this, please help us?

There is a problem is you have too many HTTP or SIP traffic on TCP/TLS. This is because the PBX forks a thread for each of them. In such cases, you should use the 64-bit version of the PBX, which has enough virtual memory address space to for enough threads. (One thread takes usually about 10 MB in the VM, so that with 200 threads you are already taking 2 GB, which is pretty much all you have in 32 bit).

There is a problem is you have too many HTTP or SIP traffic on TCP/TLS. This is because the PBX forks a thread for each of them. In such cases, you should use the 64-bit version of the PBX, which has enough virtual memory address space to for enough threads. (One thread takes usually about 10 MB in the VM, so that with 200 threads you are already taking 2 GB, which is pretty much all you have in 32 bit).

Is there 64 bit adition for 3.4 version pbxnsip. Because our application written for this 3.4 version , we could not find 64 bit for this version.

Oh. 3.4 did not support 64 bit yet.

Maybe you can consider upgrading to version 4. There are many features, but also many bugfixes in version 4, including the option to run 64 bit! If you can, create a small testinstallation with version 4 and see if you can smoothly upgrade: If you did nothing special, the upgrade should be easy.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh. 3.4 did not support 64 bit yet.

Maybe you can consider upgrading to version 4. There are many features, but also many bugfixes in version 4, including the option to run 64 bit! If you can, create a small testinstallation with version 4 and see if you can smoothly upgrade: If you did nothing special, the upgrade should be easy.

We had no option to upgrade 4.0. Because of this, we have installed pbxnsip on to 32 bit xp machine. But , again, we've encountered the same problem,memory is still increasing. I think this problem is not releated with 32 bit or 64 bit. Beside this ,I wanted to send you pbxnsip process information via excel document, but your system does not let me upload excel file as a attachment.

What I meant was setup your email address and after 5-6days (or whenever the PBX "crashes"), you can collect nightly status emails and send them to support@pbxnsip.com

Another point to note: Remember that PBX keeps the CDRs in the system for the duration specified by "Admin->Settings:Keep CDR Duration". So, it is normal to see the increase in the memory usage to certain extent. But it should not keep growing forever.

What I meant was setup your email address and after 5-6days (or whenever the PBX "crashes"), you can collect nightly status emails and send them to support@pbxnsip.com

Another point to note: Remember that PBX keeps the CDRs in the system for the duration specified by "Admin->Settings:Keep CDR Duration". So, it is normal to see the increase in the memory usage to certain extent. But it should not keep growing forever.

Ok , we will forward you the e-mail. Beside this ,now, I will send you task manager and process explorer cpu and memory records via e-mail.

My mail address is hasanali.eris@bilgisistemleri.com.tr. So, You can distinguish my e-mail adress

• 6 months later...

Hello,

We use SnomOne Blue 4.2.1.4025 (Win64) for one of our customer. This is 25-agent call center that daily average total number of calls is 7000-8000. SnomOne run on Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 and 16 GB ram.

Today, our customer complained that there was audio cut on every call for a while. We looked log file but not helpful.

On the page System Status Overview :

2012/2/2 11:45:33 (uptime: 12 days 15:35:01) (-1946MB/16384MB 44% -2109230080-0) WAV cache: 10

What is the meaning of -1946MB? There can be a problem? The pbxctrl.exe process had been using approximately 2.1 GB of memory when the problem happened.

The numbers above are just for statistics, and obviously ran over the 32-bit limit. Seems this is something we need to fix, but it is not critical.

I would also suspect the CDR table is very full (14 days could mean in total 500 K CDR in memory). But there could be also other reasons outside of the PBX process, e.g. make sure that there are no Windows services waking up e.g. perform Windows updates at offline hours or make sure that there is no virus scanner performing a hard disk scan when the office is in peak time.

cdre -> Size: 122 MB, Size on Disk : 494 MB

cdri -> Size: 90,8 MB, Size on Disk : 1,52 GB

cdrt -> Size: 159 MB, Size on Disk : 686 MB

I restarted the snom service. It has been running for 3,5 hours and it's memory usage is 2,5 GB.

2012/2/7 09:22:58 (uptime: 0 days 03:36:27) (-1553MB/16384MB 56% -1698075584-0) WAV cache: 7

Moreover, no automatic Windows Update process on the server, Windows Update runs manually. Disk scan runs on Saturday midnights (the most idle time for office).

There is sometimes audio cut and jitter problem.

cdre -> Size: 122 MB, Size on Disk : 494 MB

cdri -> Size: 90,8 MB, Size on Disk : 1,52 GB

cdrt -> Size: 159 MB, Size on Disk : 686 MB

Thats 2.7 GB on disk. 32 bit can address 4GB (in real life 3 GB because of VM allocation). Are you sure you need so many CDR? Maybe make the "Keep CDR duration" shorter, e.g. only one week.

You can just move the directory if you want to archive them; you dont have to delete them.

Thats 2.7 GB on disk. 32 bit can address 4GB (in real life 3 GB because of VM allocation). Are you sure you need so many CDR? Maybe make the "Keep CDR duration" shorter, e.g. only one week.

You can just move the directory if you want to archive them; you dont have to delete them.

We use the 64-bit version of snom. And also keep cdr duration is 3 days. But there are cdrs of one month ago in the CDR directories. Why? Does Snom not delete these files?

It should delete the anything that is older than 3 days, if the settings says 3d.

I would really move the existing CDR folders from the PBX working directory, then restart the PBX and start monitoring if the records older than 3 days stays in the system after the 3rd day. If yes, then we really need to login to the server and take a quick look at the system.