4.2.1.4025: variability in registrations graph

marsbewohner

Hi there,

I noticed that starting with 4.2.1.4025 one of our registrations graphs is looking like this (see attachment).

If I go back through the logs, this wasn't the case with 4.2.1.4020 or 4.2.1.4023.

The devices are 870s with the latest firmware available. Anything special I should search for in the syslog which could explain this?

From my understanding this should only happen if a device de- and reregisters itself?

Thanks.

EDIT:

This only happens when calls take place, so during a weekend for example it's not like that.

post-8297-0-99471300-1310462188_thumb.png

I dont think that the PBX is at its capacitiy limit here. It might be a hint that the firewall has reached the table size for NAT and starts dropping connections. You can check this by turning on sending emails to the admin when a registration changes (in the extension settings, registration tab). Then you can also see if it is specific extensions which have that problem to narrow the source of the problem down.

Well, I would activate the email on registration change but not the admin will get it but instead the respective user, so this is no real option here.

I disabled everything in the logging except for registration, let's see if I can grab something from this one. When you talk about the firewall, are you referring to the local one on the PBX or the central one of the network?

There is a option to send the registration notifications to the admin (and only to the admin).

Firewall: Well, as you know, there are usually two these days. The internal and the external. The internal (Windows Firewall) usually does not have a capacitiy limit, as least I have never seen it. But I have seen a lot of external firewalls that have capacitiy limits, especially small home routers typically have limits like 32 table entries.

There is a option to send the registration notifications to the admin (and only to the admin).

My bad, i was looking in the Email tab, found it now and set it for all accounts.

BTW, as a feature request for V5, this is one of the settings i want to apply based on group settings, and not account by account...

Firewall: Well, as you know, there are usually two these days. The internal and the external. The internal (Windows Firewall) usually does not have a capacitiy limit, as least I have never seen it. But I have seen a lot of external firewalls that have capacitiy limits, especially small home routers typically have limits like 32 table entries.

I also never seen the internal firewall running out of anything, but the Juniper we have there might be the issue. Let's see what the logging will tell us.

I also never seen the internal firewall running out of anything, but the Juniper we have there might be the issue. Let's see what the logging will tell us.

Yea I would say Juniper is high quality, and they should have at least a log if they drop traffic and why. Also check if you have remote users working from home, they might use something else than Juniper.

Hi, it looks like the problem is beeing caused by a specific extension, which de- and reregisters all the time during office hours, but stops with it at night or over the weekend.

Any idea what could cause this? From the log's there's no correalation to calls or stuff like that, but I have to check if the internal switch of the device is used for a PC connection, maybe some other things that happen on the LAN interface cause this...

Can I send you some logs via PM?