Connecting Branch Offices Together

tommymtl

SIP server is running under a public address and a test system is running on a private IP (NAT)

Usign http://wiki.snomone.com/index.php?title=Branch_Offices to link both system together is simply not working with method 1 or method 2.

running Public IP (4.3.0.5020 (Win32)) - Windows

running Private IP (4.3.0.5020 (darwin9) - Macintosh

I have been searching all over of a working method... Please help

thanks

Tommy

It is not a easy topic.

Generally speaking, I would make sure that the PBX in the company can send packets directly to each other, e.g. through a VPN. Then you can set them up independently and just use gateway trunks to send traffic between them, and the whole topic becomes relatively easy. Especially if you treat calls from one branch office to another branch office like a PSTN call (full telephone number being used), you avoid extension name clashes in different offices.

It is not a easy topic.

Generally speaking, I would make sure that the PBX in the company can send packets directly to each other, e.g. through a VPN. Then you can set them up independently and just use gateway trunks to send traffic between them, and the whole topic becomes relatively easy. Especially if you treat calls from one branch office to another branch office like a PSTN call (full telephone number being used), you avoid extension name clashes in different offices.

It seams that I have not explaind myself enaugh, sorry

I have

PBX1 running Public IP (4.3.0.5020 (Win32)) - Windows (No NAT) 65.xxx.xxx.150

and I want to call extensions on

PBX2 running Private IP (4.3.0.5020 (darwin9) - Macintosh (With NAT, no issues) 24.xxx.xxx.41

and vice versa

From PBX1 calling ext 1105 on PBX2 and From PBX2 calling ext 2101 on PBX1

How to set up Trunk, dial plans on PBX1 and PBX2? Do I need to create specific extension on both to get the respective trunks registering with the other PBX?

thanks again.

If you operate the PBX on non-routable addresses, you will always be in pain. Yea, you can start playing tricks and set up a registration from the branch office to the main office. The biggest problem is that the inbound calls into the branch office all have to go through one extension.

But I believe it would be much easier to use a VPN client on the Mac and then have a virtual interface where packets can be routed without NAT problems. In your HQ office, you need to have a VPN server somewhere (does not have to be on the PBX), and then things get simple.

• 2 months later...

If you operate the PBX on non-routable addresses, you will always be in pain. Yea, you can start playing tricks and set up a registration from the branch office to the main office. The biggest problem is that the inbound calls into the branch office all have to go through one extension.

But I believe it would be much easier to use a VPN client on the Mac and then have a virtual interface where packets can be routed without NAT problems. In your HQ office, you need to have a VPN server somewhere (does not have to be on the PBX), and then things get simple.

PBX1 HeadOffice public IP and PBX2 BranchOffice NAT.

Calling for PBX2 to PBX 1 is fine, but PBX1 to PBX 2 either BadRequest or NotFound.

Routing on BranchOffice (PBX2) is set to 5060,5061 and some other ports ...but still not working.

BranchOffice also have SIP IP Replacement List: set to 10.0.1.5(PBX)/24.xxx.xxx.xxx(router)

and IP Routing List: 10.0.0.0/255.255.0.0/10.0.1.5 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0/24.xxx.xxx.xxx

Can DMZ may help?

Can you recommand VPN server for PBX1 (Windows) an VPN Client for PBX2 (Mac) that an work together?