Call Pickup on 4.2.1.4025

djanjic

I have been reading this topic and it seems that other people have similar issues. We are running version 4.2.1.4025 in a hosted environment on Win32 machine and ever since we upgraded to it from version 3 the call pickup on the SNOM phones (300, 320, 370) no longer work. We have tried upgrading phones to newer firmware that doesn't work either. The only thing that will work properly is *87 which lets us buy but it would be nice to be able to hit the button of the extension that is ringing and get that functionality back.

In 2011-4.3.0.5021 (Win32)- With the button BLF, you can pickup a ringing extension.

I am confused? Here is the quote from the wiki:

Busy Lamp Field (BLF): This mode shows when the specified extensions are in use. When the extension is connected, the LED will be solid; when the extension is ringing, the light will blink fast; and when the extension is holding a call, the light will blink slowly. This mode is similar to the monitor extension mode; however, it does not support the picking up of calls. When the user presses the button, the phone always dials the programmed extension.

Se highlighted text in red. We tried on the PBX and we tried on the phones, so where do we actually do it?

I am confused? Here is the quote from the wiki:

Busy Lamp Field (BLF): This mode shows when the specified extensions are in use. When the extension is connected, the LED will be solid; when the extension is ringing, the light will blink fast; and when the extension is holding a call, the light will blink slowly. This mode is similar to the monitor extension mode; however, it does not support the picking up of calls. When the user presses the button, the phone always dials the programmed extension.

Se highlighted text in red. We tried on the PBX and we tried on the phones, so where do we actually do it?

Some times it takes the wiki a little time to be updated after the new versions come out. 2011-4.3.0.5021 is a brand new update which has a lot of changes.

Some times it takes the wiki a little time to be updated after the new versions come out. 2011-4.3.0.5021 is a brand new update which has a lot of changes.

Well Steve,

thanks for your suggestion. But that didn't work...Let me share our experience with this upgrade with the rest of the users. During the regular maintenance window we have applied this upgrade even though in the release notes it never mentioned the proble we were trying to deal with being address. Immediately after the upgrade we realized that it will not fix our problem since license no longer worked. We had to roll back to the version that does... Disappointing outcome of not fully tested upgrade by the folks at Snom.

Dusan

One thing everyone need to keep in mind that, there are many snom ONE and many pbxnsip customers. If you are a pbxnsip person, then you need to use the proper binary. Otherwise, you will see the issue.

Any version with 2011-x.x.x.x is a snom ONE version. The pbxnsip versions do not have 2011 at the beginning.

Here are pbxnsip versions - http://www.pbxnsip.com/download-software/software.php

One thing everyone need to keep in mind that, there are many snom ONE and many pbxnsip customers. If you are a pbxnsip person, then you need to use the proper binary. Otherwise, you will see the issue.

Any version with 2011-x.x.x.x is a snom ONE version. The pbxnsip versions do not have 2011 at the beginning.

Here are pbxnsip versions - http://www.pbxnsip.com/download-software/software.php

Actually we downloaded the correct version but it turns out (another undocumented and not communicated fact during our latest purchase, upgrade between version 3 and version 4) that our download allotments are limited by time. So once we paid for the version upgrade from 3 to 4 we were eligible to download increment releases for a year, after that forget about it. Something I will never be able to understand is why do we need to pay for a release which clearly deals with bug fixes is beyond me. I can understand paying for upgrades between major versions but insisting on paying for upgrades in the current version and for bug fixes is a bad and probably illegal business practice and can only provoke anger by a paying customer. Something powers to be need to consider...

Dusan