M9 problems (still)

SFX Group

Hi, i set up a SNOM 360, flawless, set the Mailbox to 20 seconds (global) when you ring, hits 20 seconds it goes to mailbox.

Identical settings on a M9 account, it rings the says but never goes to mailbox, so i have a feeling this is still a provisioning thing.

I have been over the TFTP, http methods, how the logfiles are stored, however it appears this M9 doesnt work like the extenstions so...

is the M9 compatiible to the Snom ONE system? should i return it (at $280 cost), not happy..

If i take a call i cant park it, they never get voicemail, has 2 soft buttons that never get the settings from Snom ONE (which seem to work fine on the 360)....???? see my point i think.

SNOM 360, flawless, set the MailHi, i set up a box to 20 seconds (global) when you ring, hits 20 seconds it goes to mailbox.

Identical settings on a M9 account, it rings the says but never goes to mailbox, so i have a feeling this is still a provisioning thing.

I have been over the TFTP, http methods, how the logfiles are stored, however it appears this M9 doesnt work like the extenstions so...

What SW ar you running on the m9? 9.4.12 or later? Then it should work pretty well with the snom ONE. Remember that after upgrading the base, you might also have to updat ethe handset. This works over the air, thats why it is not included in the base SW update.

is the M9 compatiible to the Snom ONE system? should i return it (at $280 cost), not happy..

I am a happy every day user, it works well for me. The price seems a little high to me, there should be better deals available...

If i take a call i cant park it, they never get voicemail, has 2 soft buttons that never get the settings from Snom ONE (which seem to work fine on the 360)....???? see my point i think.

In the cordless world, transfer and park must be done with the star codes. The handset does not have buttons like the snom 360. In my real life, I just physically fork the handset over to where ever I want to transfer the call. Well, if the transfer target is physically in the office.

What SW ar you running on the m9? 9.4.12 or later? Then it should work pretty well with the snom ONE. Remember that after upgrading the base, you might also have to updat ethe handset. This works over the air, thats why it is not included in the base SW update.

base = v9.4.12 a

phone = PTCL14I20110811

In the cordless world, transfer and park must be done with the star codes. The handset does not have buttons like the snom 360. In my real life, I just physically fork the handset over to where ever I want to transfer the call. Well, if the transfer target is physically in the office.

Not to happy about that, would be nice to have some options the same as the desk phones at least, at least like it able to forward to voicemail like a deskphone on the same phone system.

base = v9.4.12 a

phone = PTCL14I20110811

That should be okay. Is the m9 in the same LAN like the desktop phone? Any routers in between? This SW should really work flawless.

Not to happy about that, would be nice to have some options the same as the desk phones at least, at least like it able to forward to voicemail like a deskphone on the same phone system.

Keep in mind that DECT phones have only 768 KB ROM and typically 64 KB of RAM. This makes it possible to keep them relatively cheap (the handset!) and battery lifetime good.

Last time I used an m9 it has a transfer soft button when in a call, you either have to hit the center button or the menu soft button ( can't remember which) and select transfer. You can transfer to an extension which should allow to transfer to voicemail since you just add an 8 in front of the extension. I set my customer up with a speed dial for *85xxx, had them place the call on hold (or make new call, forget which) and then select the speed dial. I don't have a phone in front of me or I would e more exact.

That should be okay. Is the m9 in the same LAN like the desktop phone? Any routers in between? This SW should really work flawless.

Yep, all same LAN

Keep in mind that DECT phones have only 768 KB ROM and typically 64 KB of RAM. This makes it possible to keep them relatively cheap (the handset!) and battery lifetime good.

I understand this, however it has 2 softkeys, would be nice to be able to configure these while its in a call????

Last time I used an m9 it has a transfer soft button when in a call, you either have to hit the center button or the menu soft button ( can't remember which) and select transfer. You can transfer to an extension which should allow to transfer to voicemail since you just add an 8 in front of the extension. I set my customer up with a speed dial for *85xxx, had them place the call on hold (or make new call, forget which) and then select the speed dial. I don't have a phone in front of me or I would e more exact.

speed dial..... can i do this from SNOM or does it have to be direct on the M9 base webpage?

Yep, all same LAN

Well, really hard to say what is the problem here. I would skip it and factory reset the base (from the web interface). The new provisioning should be quick if you are using PnP.

I understand this, however it has 2 softkeys, would be nice to be able to configure these while its in a call????

The big drawbacks with DECT is that tunneling does not happen on IP level, but must be done on some DECT channels. This makes such features a pain, at least. CatIQ might be a help, but the protocol is not that simple either and it is difficult to keep track on the latest developments there.