Time server setting

SFX Group

Well, that means the PBX opens a port so that the phones can get the time from the PBX. This is useful in environments where the phones have no internet access and there is no other time server in the LAN. The time comes from the PBX operating system; the OS can itself use e.g. a time server client to get it from another location or just use the hardware clock (hopefully with battery backup).

Well, that means the PBX opens a port so that the phones can get the time from the PBX. This is useful in environments where the phones have no internet access and there is no other time server in the LAN. The time comes from the PBX operating system; the OS can itself use e.g. a time server client to get it from another location or just use the hardware clock (hopefully with battery backup).

Hi, i read that as well, however i want to change where the phones get the NTP from.

I notice the config file sent to the phone has this in them....

<ntp_server perm="RW">{tz ntp-adr}</ntp_server>

I assume "{tz ntp-adr}" means "timezone NTP address", so i looked in the config file in SNOM ONE "timezones.xml" which does have all the timezones in them, however no NTP servers to use to get the time, EST looks like this:

<zone name="EDT">
<description>Eastern Time Zone</description>
<gmt_offset>-18000</gmt_offset>
<dst_offset>3600</dst_offset>
<dst_start_day_of_week>1</dst_start_day_of_week>
<dst_start_month>3</dst_start_month>
<dst_start_time>02:00</dst_start_time>
<dst_start_week_of_month>2</dst_start_week_of_month>
<dst_stop_day_of_week>1</dst_stop_day_of_week>
<dst_stop_month>11</dst_stop_month>
<dst_stop_time>02:00</dst_stop_time>
<dst_stop_week_of_month>1</dst_stop_week_of_month>
<ampm>12</ampm>
 </zone>

Theres no NTP server address in the above timezone information, so how do i add it? This should mean it then sends the timeserver i want to use for that timezone to the phone instead of the "standard" one.