Connecting two snom ONEs together

DLS

Hi, I must be a bit slow, but can't work out from the manual how to connect two snom ONE PBXs together.

I have one PBX with numbers in the range 5xx and the other in the range 4xx. From the documentation it looks like I create a gateway trunk on #1 with the public IP address of #2 in the domain and proxy fields (and nothing else). On #2 I do the reverse. Then I create a dialplan that routes the number over the specific trunk. Is that it? Also, will the numbers be sent between PBXs - i.e. if I call 400 from 501, will 400 show that 501 is calling?

Thanks,

Andrew

Essentially you have to think of the other PBX like just another a PSTN call. Instead of using a PSTN gateway, you can use a trunk that points directly to the other PBX. If you can have the PBX running on routable IP addresses (either public IP or a corporate VPN), then you can just use gateway trunks and you dont have to deal with the NAT complication. I would suggest that you assign real or "virtual" DID numbers to the extensions that should be visible to the other PBX, so that they dont have to go through an auto attendant when calling another office. In the dial plan, you can then have a pattern like 4xxx (extensions on the other PBX starting with 4) and a replacement like 7770123* (if you choose "virtual" DID numbers like 7770123123).

Is there an advanced course run out of the UK for Snom ONE? I've been on the SCE training, but it didn't go into detail on things like this - it was mainly around initial setup of the PBX and setting up extensions.

Cheers,

Andrew