Auto provisioning

Steno

Hi,

I can't seem to get auto provisioning working.

I have

- Snom One,

- DHCP from the router

- Snom 300 & 370 Phones

- created some extensions with MAC address

And I always get these messages:

Did not write snom_300.xml to file system because there is no user associated with this file

Did not write snom_370.xml to file system because there is no user associated with this file

When I do not add a MAC address it does work, but gives me one extension I do not want, because the phones are user-specific and I'd like to deploy out of the box based on MAC.

Second question:

if above should and does work, then it would also be possible to do the same over VPN I guess?!

Only thing to make sure is that multicast works over the VPN?

Hi and thanks,

Yup, already seen that one. Looks like my router(s) don't have a SHCP option 66, but that's not my problem on the mainlocation. There it doesn't work at all.

I could work with DHCP from the server, however I don't think that would bring me much benefit, since that also would not work for the sub-locations, only for main. There are only servers on the main location.

I mainly want to focus to get the locally provisioning to work, because when that works, I can do the other location "manually" through chancing the PnP server. That also does not work now. because of the errors "Did not write..."

Are the PBX and phones on the same network in this main location? The point is that we can get & validate the phone's MAC address if they are not coming behind a router. Otherwise, the authentication happens using user name/password that the phone sends. Third option to authenticate is to use certificates. But only 7xx & 8xx phones come with the certs (3xx do not).

Other question - have you done any customization to the plug and play files?

In any case, if you set the webserver and tftp logging to level9, you will get detailed logs. Either you can PM it to me or post it here.

Note that the log you are seeing is not really an error. Some files require the user information when the files are generated and some do not. The files that do not need user information may spit out this log message.

Hi,

I just noticed the autentication problem in the Phone. However they ARE in the same LAN/subnet/DHCP

I 'm doing a fully logged restart now

[9] 2012/03/27 14:10:31:

HTTP 10.0.1.12:1030: [5c9413bd] send_finished(13250901f77649da6aab2d3f)

[8] 2012/03/27 14:10:31:

HTTP: Received request for file snom370-0004133A5837.htm from 10.0.1.12

[9] 2012/03/27 14:10:31:

HTTP: Trust MAC address is set to true

HTTP: extracted MAC address 0004133A5837 for IP 10.0.1.12 from ARP table

HTTP: finding snom370-0004133A5837.htm for vendor snom, MAC 0004133A5837

HTTP: MAC 0004133A5837 is not assigned to any extension. Look for auth info.

Hmm looks like a firmware issue in 8.4.35

Just tried 8.4.18 and it seemed to work (however also wanted to try a beta one and the got kinda mixed up, so I only briefly saw it become registered)

Double checking now.

I noticed this behavior on a snom 300 with 8.4.35 on the same lan, I had to use the username/password provisioning like the phone was on a different network.

The MAC based PnP should not have had issues with a specific phone version. If the MAC address is assigned to the extension and PBX sees the same MAC address in the packet and if the "Trust MAC..." is set to true, the PBX should have sent identified the extension.

We will double check what is going on with version 8.4.35

Not really sure how and why, but it seemed to work for only 1 phone, so that cannot be it either.

We now upgraded the SnomONE to latest beta (103) and it worked with 8.4.35 also.

So problem 1 is solved, onsite PNp works

Now going to try over VPN with authentication

Not sure if I should put sipuser@pbx.company.com or just sipuser At least for now it seems not to work.

Phone and SnomONE do talk to eachother, but keep getting

[5] 27/3/2012 05:41:33: Update: Fetching FW URL: 10.0.1.4:80//snom370/snom370-firmware.htm done, result 302

provisioning the M9 seems to work already, only wondering if I can assign a specific handset to an account, or that it will be assigned at random.

Not really sure how and why, but it seemed to work for only 1 phone, so that cannot be it either.

We now upgraded the SnomONE to latest beta (103) and it worked with 8.4.35 also.

Not sure if I should put sipuser@pbx.company.com or just sipuser At least for now it seems not to work.

Phone and SnomONE do talk to eachother, but keep getting

[5] 27/3/2012 05:41:33: Update: Fetching FW URL: 10.0.1.4:80//snom370/snom370-firmware.htm done, result 302

provisioning the M9 seems to work already, only wondering if I can assign a specific handset to an account, or that it will be assigned at random.

Aha, I have an older Soho I was having the problem with, so my problem is occurring with snomone 2011-4.3.0.5021 (Linux), Next time I am on site I will check it out to see if I can manually update to the new version and see if that fixes the problem.

thanks for the update. Most of our testing for 8.4.35 was done on the recent versions of snomONE (because, 8.4.35 was released much after 4.5.0.1016). Maybe that's why we did not see the issue. But it is something that we may test in our lab.

If you are referring to phone to PBX authentication, then use sipuser;domain=pbx.company.com

The link seems to have issues here. Generally, it will be http://10.0.1.4:80/prov/snom370.htm

OK, thanks for all the help.

On-site provisioning: Works great

Off-site VPN provisioning works now manually (I had indeed the wrong syntax, although it was very clear in the manua/wiki)

M9 provisioning for multiple handsets: kind of a challenge, I re-wrote the settings.xml voor de main/provsioning extension to include the MAC address of the DECT (IPUI) which I put into "Trusted IP" address. This works! wooh!

It however would be better to not abuse this trusted IP-address field for this. Can I use Parameter1 field? What would be the dynamic name for this?

Suggestion: Create a field voor de IPUI parameter.