Call Recording access via Voicemail

Steve B

Hello all,

I have a customer that needs a feature for call recording that is not offered currently with snomONE but is available in Asterisk. This customer wants to be able to listen to the call recordings for an extension and an agent group from the voice mail system so that their customers can call their voice mail and listen to the call recordings. I have figured out the xml syntax to make a recording a voice mail but in order for the system to recognize the modified XML I have to restart pbxctrl. So my questions are as follows:

1. Can this be implemented into snomONE through a form to make the recordings available to a certain extension? For instance a check box for recordings available in voice mail and a text box for the extensions voice mail it will go to.

2. Is there a web command that can prompt a re-scan of the voice mail system or access to the xml files that show what voice mails are in the users mailbox. I searched through the snomONE folder without any luck on locating this file if it is there. This would allow us to make a script that changed the recordings to voice mail and activate them in the users voice mail.

Thank you!

Currently the recording initiated by the user already go to the mailbox. I guess what we need would be the possibility to consider also the automatic recordings for that. Maybe the question for the automatic recording is not *if* we should record it, but into *which mailbox* we should record.

Then it might become useful that we ar eable to render something like "you have three-thousand-four-hundred-fifty-five new messages". Of course it will take some time to go through the recordings to find the one that you are looking for.

A very simple answer to that would be to use the automatic emailing of recorded messages, to get the message out of the PBX into the email system of the user.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently the recording initiated by the user already go to the mailbox. I guess what we need would be the possibility to consider also the automatic recordings for that. Maybe the question for the automatic recording is not *if* we should record it, but into *which mailbox* we should record.

Then it might become useful that we ar eable to render something like "you have three-thousand-four-hundred-fifty-five new messages". Of course it will take some time to go through the recordings to find the one that you are looking for.

A very simple answer to that would be to use the automatic emailing of recorded messages, to get the message out of the PBX into the email system of the user.

I know it goes to he mailbox for you to log in from the web interface, but what about a Folder on the Voicemail system that could be for recordings. That way when a user calls their VM they can press "2" (Or a number combo *2 or something)and access the recordings VM folder. A delete all key would probably be a nice feature for this for when they are not concerned about the calls that day. I can make a Visio if that helps?

I know it goes to he mailbox for you to log in from the web interface, but what about a Folder on the Voicemail system that could be for recordings. That way when a user calls their VM they can press "2" (Or a number combo *2 or something)and access the recordings VM folder. A delete all key would probably be a nice feature for this for when they are not concerned about the calls that day. I can make a Visio if that helps?

We are already working on a solution. The idea is to keep the call recordings pretty much like regular voicemail messages, e.g. use the feature to send it by email and automatically delete the oldest one when the MB is getting full.