Setup CDR to save CSV on shared network

Randall Garner

I am attempting to setup creating of CDR to CSV format on a shared network folder. However, I'm not able to get the CDR created at all. I've reviewed the steps found in the manual and online, but still no luck. Can someone please provide me with a summary of steps to create CDR to CSV?

We are running 2011-4.2.1.4025 (Win64).

Thanks,

Randall

Good morning,

I have verified the CDRS folder was created on the mapped network drive, and verified the PBX has permissions to create files on the mapped network drive as well. However, we did NOT get any CDRs created all weekend.

What other settings in the PBX should we check to get the CDR CSV created?

Thanks,

Randall

I understand what it should be doing, but it's not, thus the reason I contacted support.

To review what we have confirmed -

In the snomPBX, Admin, Settings, Appearance, CDR URL = file:l:/cdrs/$d-$h.csv (settings provided in this post to create the CSV file)

In Windows on the PBX, open Windows Explorer, can open the l:\ mapped drive, can open the "cdrs" folder, and can create files and folders in the l:\cdrs folder (this confirms the PBX has rights to create files in this drive/folder.

However, there are no CSV files getting created.

Are there any other settings to look into? Are there better tests I should perform to verify correct paths and permissions? I hoped this forum would be more helpful than the last post.

Thanks again for your help,

Randall

Thanks for the post, shopcomputer!

I can map network drives with the correct user permissions, however, it is the SYSTEM account creating the CSV which does not have permission on the Active Directory domain (the PBX is not part of the domain). This is why my file isn't getting created.

I thought about UNC paths, but it was not documented and not suggested by support, so didn't try them. However, I don't believe this would have made any difference with my issue - the share and NTFS permissions are still applied at the shared folder, which would still not allow the non-AD PBX to write to that location anyway.

Again, thanks for taking the time to post!

Randall