Snom 300 not recieveing incoming

Batteryman

Hi there

I have bought a Snom 300 (came this morning), it it set up behind a Nat enable firewall all other funtions work but it does not recieve calls, it can make calls without any issue.

I have used a smartphone with a App and that works fine through wireless so i do not think its a issue with NAT.

I have upgraded to latest 8.7.3.19 firmware and am now pulling out my hair.

I am guessing its a something very silly but cant see it, i have been searching the forum and google but not found an answer yet so any pointers would be appriciated

Kind Regards

Hi there

I have bought a Snom 300 (came this morning), it it set up behind a Nat enable firewall all other funtions work but it does not recieve calls, it can make calls without any issue.

I have used a smartphone with a App and that works fine through wireless so i do not think its a issue with NAT.

I have upgraded to latest 8.7.3.19 firmware and am now pulling out my hair.

I am guessing its a something very silly but cant see it, i have been searching the forum and google but not found an answer yet so any pointers would be appriciated

Kind Regards

Did you manually configure the snom 300 or did you utilize PnP? Where's the PBX (on the same network)?

Hi There

thank for replying, i am not getting emails from forum so late getting back, I just manually inputputed used name passwrd and registrar, sends calles out but not recives, i can post log file if it helps, not sure if there is any delicate info in there that i shouldnt post thougj, please advise?

Thank you

David

Got it to work by putting the network port f 5060 in the Network identiy port in the SIP prefereneces, hope this helps someone

Thanks for the update. That clearly shows that your firewall must be mangling with the SIP. Also we strongly discourage usage of UDP because this is very troublesome. You should use TLS or at least TCP. And you should use PnP--which will by default set up a TLS connection, which are usually not changed by the firewall.