FAX questions

CarlH

Hi!

I have customer who needs a fax solution. Today they have an ordinary FAX without T.38. Is it possible to use this fax with PBXnSIP with some kind of signal converter? If so I would greatly appreciate product recommendations for a small office.

I also wonder if its possible to implement some kind of FAX to PDF converter wich e-mails the fax as an pdf to the customer. Ive seen other VOIP providers providing this service.

Br

Carl

Fro FAX with T.38, both the PSTN gateway and the FXS gateway needs to support it. If you are using a ITSP, then I would suggest to ask them if their switch supports T.38.

As for Fax to email, there is a softphone out there (name?) what supports T.38 and fax-to-email. Maybe someone remembers what the name was.

Fro FAX with T.38, both the PSTN gateway and the FXS gateway needs to support it. If you are using a ITSP, then I would suggest to ask them if their switch supports T.38.

As for Fax to email, there is a softphone out there (name?) what supports T.38 and fax-to-email. Maybe someone remembers what the name was.

Could you be more specifik please? I didn't get any hits when googling Fro Fax.

I'm quite certain that Fro Fax was a typo... He meant to type - "For Fax........."

Yea, sorry typo.

I know that for example AudioCodes, Vegastream, Mediatrix and also newer versions of Grandstream work with T.38. I think also Cisco Gateways support it. If you are looking for a sofphone that supports FAX (!) look at Zoiper. Did I forget a vendor?

Yea, sorry typo.

I know that for example AudioCodes, Vegastream, Mediatrix and also newer versions of Grandstream work with T.38. I think also Cisco Gateways support it. If you are looking for a sofphone that supports FAX (!) look at Zoiper. Did I forget a vendor?

We buy sip trunks from a VOIP provider and use them with PBXnSIP end then sell SIP accounts to our customers. We dont have any kind of appliance ourselves. All I need is some kind of t.38 converter for one fax machine. Do you know specific product that does this? Zoiper looks very interesting and we will defeniteley buy some of those. However this particular customer also needs to send fax.

BR

Carl