MOH info

andrewgroup

Assuming you have a 2 minute MOH wave file, does it always begin playing at the beginning when the first person is placed on hold?

Does the second person get it's own 2nd stream or simply hear the current location of the first caller on hold?

Assuming your MOH file was important, and you wanted to make it available as a choice on the AA can you place a caller on hold from a button choice?

I assume you're after some kind of disclaimer to be played before being connected to someone?

IVR nodes again :-)

Just create one and point it to the file you want and use the E string to match and the extension you want it to go to when they've listened to it.

I assume you're after some kind of disclaimer to be played before being connected to someone?

Not Quite, but close. Assume the MOH message is the best thing since slice bread and callers simply want to be put on hold to here the message by choosing option 7 on the autoattendent, but they would prefer the message randomly start within the 2 or more minute long file. The MOH message is full of 10 second spots and they would like any caller to begin listening at random spots...This file may grow to be 20 minutes in length. Or we'll need to break this up into many files or move this to a streaming input to get randomness.

You could do it with an agent group with no agents - you can have up to 9 individual "spots" on that.. but from memory it always plays them in order from the start.

An alternative would be to use audio in instead of wav for your MOH and have the spots queued up in winamp or similar, you can then just set that to loop and you'll get what you're after.

To be honest though, we've not had much success with MOH from audio in, it tends to die after a few days and callers get screeched at like a fax machine.

We were thinking if we should start another project that plays MP3 files and convers them to linear, then streams then via RTP to a local MoH port. But maybe it makes sense to search if such a project already exists and just properly document how to use it. Unfortunately, MP3 players seem to assume they run for a few hours maximum, so they don't have to take care about memory leaks.

We were thinking if we should start another project that plays MP3 files and convers them to linear, then streams then via RTP to a local MoH port. But maybe it makes sense to search if such a project already exists and just properly document how to use it. Unfortunately, MP3 players seem to assume they run for a few hours maximum, so they don't have to take care about memory leaks.

MOH files have become extension of the total marketing efforts to tell a story. In traditional phone systems, these files are stored on Tape, and Now small audio devices and they continuously stream the MOH our via an Audio jack and people placed on hold will pick up on the marketing messages randomly along the 5 minute track that's made up of small 20 second messages intermixes with courtesy announcements like, "Some one will be with you momentarily" and another short advertisement.

Creating a random start point within the MOH file would be nice... MP3 and all that other stuff in my opinion would be a distraction to continous improvements on the core product...

Or perhaps allowing a string of MOH files seperated by Colons or commas, and being able select;

Linear play (start at the beginning)

Linear Random (play sequencially start on random file)

Random

Or maybe designate anothe account type as Message Box with these features, and it can be the designated MOH file for Different Autoattendents..

I've tried to find such a thing in the past but had no luck :( I guess it's a fairly specific requirement. I imagine you must have 90% of the code to do such a thing already anyway?

Agreed about memory leaks, winamp used to be terrible!

This looks interesting for many reasons other than MOH...

So I guess if I have MOH file and the first person to listen to the MOH file it will automatically begin at the beginning of the file. Does the second caller start a new thread or simply listen it to the existing caller?