ActiveSync with Office365 fails

gee141

ActiveSync with Office365 fails.

Log file is:

[8] 2013/07/27 19:55:19: HTTP client: Connect to 157.56.248.169:80, pending requests 0

[5] 2013/07/27 19:55:19: Activesync: Redirection.

[5] 2013/07/27 19:55:19: Activesync: Start discovery.

[8] 2013/07/27 19:55:19: HTTP client: Connect to 157.56.249.86:443, pending requests 0

[5] 2013/07/27 19:55:19: Activesync: Start discovery.

[8] 2013/07/27 19:55:19: HTTP client: Connect to 157.56.249.86:443, pending requests 0

[5] 2013/07/27 19:55:19: Activesync: Start syncing.

[8] 2013/07/27 19:55:26: Last message repeated 2 times

[5] 2013/07/27 19:55:26: Activesync Status Error: Failure 2. Status =

Any idea?

Thank you!

That seems very strange, since it seems synching has already started.

For confirmation:

You entered the email address in Username, e.g. abc@company.com

Followed by the correct password.

Leaving the Exchange Address empty.

Then pressing Save.

Then pressing Sync.

Other than that it would difficult to pinpoint the problem unless something is set differently on the Exchange server side.

In order to really pinpoint the problem, maybe you could provide us with a fake (test) email account with some fake contacts in it on the exchange server that we could try to test here.

Thanks.

Created a second account in Office365.

ActiveSync works with this account.

The account which does not work has around 300 contacts. I will have to figure out which of those 300 contacts causes the error by importing the 300 contacts step-by-step into the test-account.

Another question in the mean-time:

Do you know which numbers synchronized from an ActiveSync account can be dialed on a Snom 870 phone using LDAP? (I don't have one here to test with)

The web interface of snom one only lists "Number / 2nd Number / Mobile Number".

"Number" and "2nd Number" refer to office numbers.

What about the home phone numbers?

Thank you!

It generally means redirection to another url. But the problem is, that is only allowed during auto discovery where we handle it accordingly.

In this case, auto discovery is complete and syncing has started. In this state, this response from the server does not make any sense. Also, as far as I can remember, the document doesn't even mention this kind of response from the server in the syncing process. It is only described for auto discovery process where we handle it.

Could it be the server is generally set for redirection for all its folders? Could you test it on another account or even another server if possible.

I am sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean?

Activesync is the only way you can do it through the exchange server. And apart from that you can manually add or delete entries. All of these entries, including activesync contacts will show up on your phone through LDAP.

But I think you were trying to ask something else?

• 4 weeks later...

I am a software engineer.

I created a software in Java that connects to the EWS interface (Exchange Web Services).

Using EWS, I downloaded the contact data that I want from the company's exchange server.

Now I want to populate the Domain Address Book with my software.

Does snom one offer an SDK / API to insert the contacts into the Domain Address Book, or am I supposed to write to the folder "C:\Program Files\snom\snomONE\adrbook" directly?

Thank you!

Unfortunately we do not have any such api for that kind of operation right now, so you will have to write it directly into the folder.

Or you can simulate populating those fields on that page and simulate the create button for each contact. But that could be tedious both for coding and the pbx server.