Voicemail caller-id

towns

When my voicemail calls my cell phone letting me know I have a message, it shows up as unknown. How do I fix this so it will show the number as if I was just dialing from the office? It was working fine until I upgraded to the latest firmware.

Having the TEL: alias in each account was set and prior to moving up from 2442 up to 2449 the redirected call was correctly seeing the caller ID of a redirected call.

Did something change that affects the outbound caller ID presentation to our SIP provider?

I looked at the wiki a number of times for this problem. I will try to explain my problem with a little more detail. I was running pbxnsip version 2.0.3 and moved to a 2.1.xx. When I call directly from a phone snom 320 to my cell phone, the caller id shows the tel: alias for the extension I am dialing from. When I leave a message in my mailbox and have the message redirected to my cell phone the caller id shows up as unknown. In the earlier version 2.0.3, the call from my mailbox showed up as the tel: alias of my extension. If I have the call redirected directly to my cell phone and skip the mailbox I get the caller id of the original inbound call. What has changed in the new version? Am I just missing a setting? If I can give you more information please let me know. This is a screen shot of part of my trunk settings for out bound calls. Instead of xxxxxxxxxx for my trunk DID I have the main of our office.

FYI: If I have the call redirected directly to my cell phone and skip the mailbox I get the caller id of the original inbound call (which is fine for my).

We got rid of these "$f $i $x $y $z" strings in the trunk. I think the new name is now "Trunk DID". Normally, it is okay to just leave it empty, the PBX then will automatically fill something useful in.

It is debatable if that was a smart move. On the one hand, it caused a lot of support and problems with too much programmablility for nothing. On the other hand we have an upgrade issue, and now we need to explain everyone B) .

We got rid of these "$f $i $x $y $z" strings in the trunk. I think the new name is now "Trunk DID". Normally, it is okay to just leave it empty, the PBX then will automatically fill something useful in.

It is debatable if that was a smart move. On the one hand, it caused a lot of support and problems with too much programmablility for nothing. On the other hand we have an upgrade issue, and now we need to explain everyone B) .

I tried to leave the Trunk DID blank, but the caller id when receiving a call from my voicemail came up as unknown again. So is there something I can do about this problem?