Record location and filename adjustment for manual recordings

John

Hello,

is there a way to create a folder hierarchy and adjust the filename for the manual recordings, just like the automatic recordings?

Now all manual recordings from all users in all domains are stored in the same folder (/usr/local/snomONE/recordings) along with other recordings (for instance, voicemail messages).

In multidomain environments this is not working because there is no way to find by which customer and user each message was recorded without hearing it.

Unfortunately today all recordings are stored in that folder but I am not clear you mentioned, "In multidomain environments this is not working because there is no way to find by which customer and user each message was recorded without hearing it."

is this an automatic recording issue or ah hoc recording?

You should be able to see all recording in the admin mode and per domain as well.

Thank you for the response,

An ad-hoc recording issue. We have a customer who wants the users in his domain to record only specific calls using the *93 star code. I recommended to enable automatic recordings but he doesn't want to and he is explicit about that.

The files of ad-hoc recordings are all saved in the same directory (the recordings directory in the snomONE working directory), regardless of the domain or the user who records the call, along with voicemails etc. Moreover, the filename format for the ad-hoc recordings is msg+recording_number.wav.

We host about 20 customer domains in this server (and we are going to add more). The customer mentioned above wants us to send him the ad-hoc recordings from his users. But with all ad-hoc recordings saved in the same folder and with that filename format, I cannot write a script to move his recordings only, for instance to his FTP. The only way to identify his files is to hear them. All. This can't be done obviously.

By the way, when I login as system admin I cannot see the ad-hoc recordings, I must login as the user who recorded them. But I think this is the intended behavior. If not, then it's a bug. Not sure if I can see them If I login as a domain admin, I haven't tried it yet.

Finally, something else: by using the *93 and *94 star codes to start and stop a recording, the recording tones are audible. If we buy a snom phone with a record button will the tones also be audible (ideally we don't want to).

Ad-hoc recordings are essentially mailbox messages. That means if you want to do this properly, you should look into the messages folder and filter those out that have the type "rec".

The star codes are audible. The PBX cannot hold the * and the 9 back and hope for a 3 or 4. If you are using snom phones, the record button (on the old 3xx series) is downloads XML from the PBX that toggles the record on an off. The button is not there any more with the 7xx series any more, but there is a Rec soft key available that might serve your purpose.

Ad-hoc recordings are essentially mailbox messages. That means if you want to do this properly, you should look into the messages folder and filter those out that have the type "rec".

How can I do that? Is "rec" a file attribute?

ls -la returns something like this:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root staff 10200 May 19 15:18 msg447.wav

-rw-r--r-- 1 root staff 18326 May 20 11:31 msg451.wav

-rw-r--r-- 1 root staff 5000 May 20 13:45 msg453.wav

-rw-r--r-- 1 root staff 3636 May 20 13:48 msg455.wav

-rw-r--r-- 1 root staff 14686 May 20 13:49 msg457.wav

-rw-r--r-- 1 root staff 2986 May 20 16:21 msg461.wav

while the file command returns something like this:

john@snom1:/usr/local/snomONE/recordings$ file msg166.wav

msg166.wav: RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, GSM 6.10, mono 8000 Hz

The star codes are audible. The PBX cannot hold the * and the 9 back and hope for a 3 or 4. If you are using snom phones, the record button (on the old 3xx series) is downloads XML from the PBX that toggles the record on an off. The button is not there any more with the 7xx series any more, but there is a Rec soft key available that might serve your purpose.

I managed to do something similar with a Yealink phone. There is a Record Soft Key which doesn't even need a value (*93, *94) to start and stop the recording. And the tones aren't audible.