How to use my extension as a trunk for another pbx

hasa

Hi friends

I have a vodia pbx and have multiple extensions. let me know can i use kone of my extension as a sip trunk for another pbx (that may be vodia or any other brand or opensource pbx )or any voip device like ATA or SPA etc ? if this possible then can i use my public ip for this registration rather than my extension username and password ?

simply i want to register my vodia server extension as a trunk in another pbx only using my vodia server ip

If possible then need any changes in my vodia server configuration ? please help me am stuck in this feature last few days

Yes that's possible. Actually many users do that. But you should use a username and a password; especially if you are on public IP that's very important.

The extension also has a field where you can put the IP address from which the extension registers.

The alternative would be to use the trunk-to-trunk routing, which was designed for linking offices. In that case you would use a trunk for inbound calls, which can work without username and password; but then will be based on the IP address.

Hi Friends,

Thanks for your replay. now i can register my vodia sip extension as a sip trunk in another pbx using username and password and its working properly . Let me know can i register one of my particular sip extension as a sip trunk in another pbx (vodia or non-vodia) through ip authentication? please help me

Yes that's possible. Actually many users do that. But you should use a username and a password; especially if you are on public IP that's very important.

The extension also has a field where you can put the IP address from which the extension registers.

The alternative would be to use the trunk-to-trunk routing, which was designed for linking offices. In that case you would use a trunk for inbound calls, which can work without username and password; but then will be based on the IP address.

Hi

I can register my extension as trunk in another pbx using username and password. Let me know can i do this process with the ip authentication method ?

And please share more details about trunk-to-trunk routing and how can i do it ?