Several Questions on Conference

maslym

Hi,

I tried the conference feature of pbxnsip and got following questions.

1. What's the difference between moderator and participant? I notice there are different PIN's for moderator and participant. And according to the your wiki website, the moderator has the ability to clean all participants of the conference by dialing *9 during the conference. But what I found is that every participant can do that as well. Is this a bug? I am using version 2.1.6.2447 on SuSE 10. Maybe I should upgrade the software.

2. How can I configure the system to send e-mail including conference # and PIN to each participant? I put each participant extension into the Participants field when creating scheduled conference but the system didn't send e-mail to each participant extension.

3. Where can I find the latest document on pbxnsip? The document available on your website is too old (version 2.0.x).

Thank you,

Yimin

1. What's the difference between moderator and participant? I notice there are different PIN's for moderator and participant. And according to the your wiki website, the moderator has the ability to clean all participants of the conference by dialing *9 during the conference. But what I found is that every participant can do that as well. Is this a bug? I am using version 2.1.6.2447 on SuSE 10. Maybe I should upgrade the software.

There differences are few in the conference. The moderator has the right to kick everyone out (*9) and send a email to himself who's in the conference (*1).

2. How can I configure the system to send e-mail including conference # and PIN to each participant? I put each participant extension into the Participants field when creating scheduled conference but the system didn't send e-mail to each participant extension.

You need to seperate that list with semicolons and of course the email settings must be okay for the domain.

3. Where can I find the latest document on pbxnsip? The document available on your website is too old (version 2.0.x).

http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Conferencing and http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Scheduling_Conferences are the latest and greatest.

Thank you for prompt reply.

Regarding star codes *9 and *1, the funny thing I found is that every participant can dial *9 or *1 except moderator. That is, every participant entering conference room by dialing participant's PIN can dial *9 and *1. But every participant entering conference room by dialing moderator's PIN cannot do that. That happens on all 2.1.x versions including the latest version 2.1.10.2474.

Regarding the e-mail on conference # and PIN, I did try to put both participant's extensions and e-mail addresses separated by ';' into the Participants field and no e-mail was sent out by the system.

The other thing I found is that the Start time and End time of scheduled conference don't work as they are supposed to. I can enter the conference room before Start time or after End time. I think this might be a bug.

Thanks,

Yimin

Regarding star codes *9 and *1, the funny thing I found is that every participant can dial *9 or *1 except moderator. That is, every participant entering conference room by dialing participant's PIN can dial *9 and *1. But every participant entering conference room by dialing moderator's PIN cannot do that. That happens on all 2.1.x versions including the latest version 2.1.10.2474.

Ops, very good catch! The PINs were mixed up in the web interface. Emails seem to be okay.

Regarding the e-mail on conference # and PIN, I did try to put both participant's extensions and e-mail addresses separated by ';' into the Participants field and no e-mail was sent out by the system.

The other thing I found is that the Start time and End time of scheduled conference don't work as they are supposed to. I can enter the conference room before Start time or after End time. I think this might be a bug.

Well, the interface is very lax on the start and stop times. Essentially the whole conference scheduling is about agreeing on access codes and being able to send an email out that Outlook can read. There is no resource reservation, and if people want to start earlier or later, that's fine with the PBX.

I think that is a feature.

Anyway, seems like we'll need a 2.1.11... There is also some stuff for E911 that needs to be addressed.

• 2 months later...

Hi I have been trying hard.... to get the Conference information to be sent out to participant.... but I'm still not able to do it.

Basically, the rest of the email alerts works e.g. CDR call records, miss call alerts and etc.

However, whenever I try to create a scheduled conference, the email is not sent to my participants.

I have specifically followed the instructions by keying in either ext no. or emails.... both doesnt work.

Please advice...I'm currently using the latest PBXNSIP 2.1.14

regards

FY

Hi I have been trying hard.... to get the Conference information to be sent out to participant.... but I'm still not able to do it.

Basically, the rest of the email alerts works e.g. CDR call records, miss call alerts and etc.

However, whenever I try to create a scheduled conference, the email is not sent to my participants.

I have specifically followed the instructions by keying in either ext no. or emails.... both doesnt work.

Please advice...I'm currently using the latest PBXNSIP 2.1.14

Does the moderator have a email address setup in the account? Only the moderator should receive an email, not the participants. It should also work for adhoc-conferences.

The following participants are currently in the conference:

StartNumber2008/08/17 09:01:17482008/08/17 09:03:2144

Do not reply to this Email. It was sent automatically.