Extensions on VPN

andy

We tried to connect additional phones via VPN from a remote location, but these phones failed to register.

The network has three different subnets. There are no firewall restrictions, all ports are open. Pings, remote file access and remote desktop are all working fine.

Any idea what could cause that problem?

We tried to connect additional phones via VPN from a remote location, but these phones failed to register.

The network has three different subnets. There are no firewall restrictions, all ports are open. Pings, remote file access and remote desktop are all working fine.

Any idea what could cause that problem?

What OS? Do you see the packet coming in?

What is the IP configuration?

What OS? Do you see the packet coming in?

What is the IP configuration?

Server 2008 on our main subnet at 192.168.26.130 and doesn not receive any package.

The testing phone (Snom300) is on another subnet at 192.168.26.26.

The traffic in between the subnets is not filtered by a firewall according to our networking guys.

Maybe the Snom's log is of any help (see attachment).

snom_log.txt

Maybe the Snom's log is of any help (see attachment).

So many times when dealing with routed networks we find default gateways, default routes and added routes are often times wrong or not present. I'd begin by putting a 15 day free trial of a softphone on a PC and install Etherreal and get some real traces of the actual registration process.

Maybe a good forum to start would be SIP PACKET TRACING DIAGNOSTICS 101 and how various settings with PBXnSIP affect these traces. Doing that as soon as I solve world peace.

Cheers,

Hello,

from our experience with Vista and Server 2008, I can recommend to deactivate IPv6 on all network cards (Vista Clients in the networks too). We have seen very strange, confusing behavior with this OS's & IPv6. It might eliminate possible troublemakers.

We ran around 25 Server 2008 and 30 Vista clients (without counting the virtualized one) and deactivated IPv6 on all of them.

Best regards,

Jan

Hello,

from our experience with Vista and Server 2008, I can recommend to deactivate IPv6 on all network cards (Vista Clients in the networks too). We have seen very strange, confusing behavior with this OS's & IPv6. It might eliminate possible troublemakers.

We ran around 25 Server 2008 and 30 Vista clients (without counting the virtualized one) and deactivated IPv6 on all of them.

Best regards,

Jan

Thanks for your support. IPv6 is deactived and I will also analyze the PCAP trace within the next couple of days.

Grüsse in die Friedrichstrasse aus Berlin-Mitte!