Hi There,

I have problems registering to trunks after upgrading to 2.1.9.....

This problem goes away when I downgrade back to 2.1.7.....

However, I face another issue on 2.1.7.

redirection to cell for with service flag set or clear have no effect.

Calls are still redirected to cell regardless of the state of the service flags in extensions..... hunt groups works fine...

regards

I have problems registering to trunks after upgrading to 2.1.9.....

This problem goes away when I downgrade back to 2.1.7.....

That does not ring a bell... Any specific information, SIP trace or so?

Redirection to cell for with service flag set or clear have no effect.

Calls are still redirected to cell regardless of the state of the service flags in extensions..... hunt groups works fine...

Try hitting the save button again. Maybe the reference got broken somehow, saving it would restore it.

Try hitting the save button again. Maybe the reference got broken somehow, saving it would restore it.

This appears to be a reoccuring theme in the latest releases - Do you believe this will be rectified prior to future releases, or will be something that we will have to do for each upgrade to ensure the references are stable?

This appears to be a reoccuring theme in the latest releases - Do you believe this will be rectified prior to future releases, or will be something that we will have to do for each upgrade to ensure the references are stable?

The problem is the underlying data model. If create a service flag, it will get a number. Then if you reference it from the extension web page, everything is fone. When you delete the service flag and create a new one, that one has a different number, even if the name is the same. Then the reference gets broken.

That is perfectly normal to a computer programmer, but not for a end user. We think using more Ajax can address this and make end user's life easier, but we want to stay away from hardcoding the internal database relations and resolve conflicts.

The problem is the underlying data model. If create a service flag, it will get a number. Then if you reference it from the extension web page, everything is fone. When you delete the service flag and create a new one, that one has a different number, even if the name is the same. Then the reference gets broken.

That is perfectly normal to a computer programmer, but not for a end user. We think using more Ajax can address this and make end user's life easier, but we want to stay away from hardcoding the internal database relations and resolve conflicts.

I just zipped a domain from one FS running 2.1.6.2450 (Win32) and moved it to a new FS running 2.1.8.2463 (Linux) - Most things worked correctly - however the voicemail Greetings were gone, and must be re-recorded. We experienced this on a domain zip - move from Win32 to Win32 as well. Could you please identify the problem and implement a patch fix? We need this feature, as we are rolling to Linux - we have to zip and move.

Thank you for your urgency.

I just zipped a domain from one FS running 2.1.6.2450 (Win32) and moved it to a new FS running 2.1.8.2463 (Linux) - Most things worked correctly - however the voicemail Greetings were gone, and must be re-recorded. We experienced this on a domain zip - move from Win32 to Win32 as well. Could you please identify the problem and implement a patch fix? We need this feature, as we are rolling to Linux - we have to zip and move.

Hmm. The only thing that comes to my mind are case-sensitive file names. Anything in this direction? The other things are backslashes - anything there in the XML files?

Maybe we need a short script that patches the XML files accordingly.

Hmm. The only thing that comes to my mind are case-sensitive file names. Anything in this direction? The other things are backslashes - anything there in the XML files?

Maybe we need a short script that patches the XML files accordingly.

I'm not sure where the problem exists - Can you reproduce this problem? I believe it should be easily reproducible.

I'm not sure where the problem exists - Can you reproduce this problem? I believe it should be easily reproducible.

Please let me know if I need to open a trouble ticket on this for faster response - This is critical to our upgrade path from Windows to Linux - and we have 7 Feature Servers with multiple domains to backup and move.

Thank you.

Please let me know if I need to open a trouble ticket on this for faster response - This is critical to our upgrade path from Windows to Linux - and we have 7 Feature Servers with multiple domains to backup and move.

Thank you.

Okay, let me restate the question... Are you moving the whole server or just a domain? You are really making a ZIP of the whole directory and unzip it on the Linux server?

I verified case and slashes - they should be fine. Can you tell me what is in the extension/nnn.xml (look for *.wav) and if that file exists in the recordings directory?

Okay, let me restate the question... Are you moving the whole server or just a domain? You are really making a ZIP of the whole directory and unzip it on the Linux server?

I verified case and slashes - they should be fine. Can you tell me what is in the extension/nnn.xml (look for *.wav) and if that file exists in the recordings directory?

We have 20+ domains on 1 FS - our plan was to move the domains one or two at a time - using the "backup domain" utility - which turns into a domain.tar file.

We manually moved MOH files over - because they were not domain specific, and understood.

But the greetings for extensions - did not come with them... The AA recordings, and some name recordings came with - but not the personal greetings.

Does that help?

We have 20+ domains on 1 FS - our plan was to move the domains one or two at a time - using the "backup domain" utility - which turns into a domain.tar file.

We manually moved MOH files over - because they were not domain specific, and understood.

But the greetings for extensions - did not come with them... The AA recordings, and some name recordings came with - but not the personal greetings.

Does that help?

Ah. Yes that helps. The personal greetings should be moved between the same versions. When we introduced the possibility to have several personal greetings, the file format changed. That should happen automatically when performing an update on the same server, but it is not supported when moving a domain from a "old" format to the "new" format.