Define the order of multiple extensions on a single phone.

brundle

If I add the MAC address of a SIP device (Linksys SPA942) to the registration of multiple extensions the phone auto provisions with the multiple extensions correctly.

However, how can I specify the order that the extensions are provisioned on the phone. It looks like they get provisioned in numeric order but I need to specify which extension gets registered to Ext 1 on the phone so that it is the default when picking up the hand set and displaying the user name on the phone display.

• 1 year later...
However, how can I specify the order that the extensions are provisioned on the phone. It looks like they get provisioned in numeric order but I need to specify which extension gets registered to Ext 1 on the phone so that it is the default when picking up the hand set and displaying the user name on the phone display.

The order is "random"... Not really random in the way that it changes every time; but random in the way that it takes the sequence in which the extensions werecreated.