Multitenant experience -hosted

has anyone used this product in a multitenant application (ITSP) I would like to know how many users IE concurrent calls on a dual quad core server 16 MB of memory either running Red Hat Linux or Windows server 2003. The most important question is reliability and the lack of idiosyncrasies in a hosted multitenant application.

Thank you very much

John Warren

585-419-8264

has anyone used this product in a multitenant application (ITSP) I would like to know how many users IE concurrent calls on a dual quad core server 16 MB of memory either running Red Hat Linux or Windows server 2003. The most important question is reliability and the lack of idiosyncrasies in a hosted multitenant application.

Thank you very much

John Warren

585-419-8264

Thank you very much

John Warren

585-419-8264

john,

we have been using pbnsip actively for about a year offering hosted services to a limited number of tenants totaling about 100 user accounts. from a stability point of view the application is rock solid. no restarts or anything funny like that. from a functionality point of view the product somewhat serves the multi-tenant role in two versions. the higher end versions offered by pbxnsip directly and the jointly developed solutions11 platform which is much more than a multi-tenant solution but rather more of an itsp in a box type of system. the solutions11 might be an overkill if you already have your voip network and billing system in place. the standard versions offered natively as pbxnsip on the other hand may lack some multi-tenant type functionality found in other systems.

i recommend you try it out and see if you can make it work for what you want to do.

one of the things we have been using it for lately is informal inbound conference room service where we track inbound minutes to the specific d.i.d number and bill for usage only.

hope this info helps.

Thank you very much

John Warren

585-419-8264

Hi John,

We are a relatively small ISP offering hosted SIP PBX services to our small business customers, we stay away from residential. For the most part our customers do not require too many features, so adding them to our offer is a nice bonus.

We’ve been running PBXNSIP since version 1.5. We are running it on win32 platform There were some problems wit earlier versions but right now it is super stable. Our last reboot was about 2 months ago, we had to reboot after one of Windows updates. Current version is 2.1.10.2474. During the business hours we get up to 20 concurrent calls. Our machine doesn’t have any trouble with this volume. I am assuming you meant 16 GB RAM instead 16 MB. I think that it would be a long time before you put that machine to a real test.

Few pointers.

1. Make sure you have good DNS solution in house.

2. Make sure you get your license key on a USB dongle, it will save you from lot of headaches if for some reason you need to move your config to another box.

3. Make sure to know how are you going to comply with 911.

4. Make sure you know how you are going to provide outbound caller ID. That turned out to be the single most important thing to our customers.

5. If you can always sell them the solution with SIP phones. We have excellent success with Snom’s. We have a customer with an extension in Chile using Snom phone to connect to their local office. We do not hear from them at all. I guess they have really good DSL in Chile.

Hope this helps?

Few pointers.

1. Make sure you have good DNS solution in house.

2. Make sure you get your license key on a USB dongle, it will save you from lot of headaches if for some reason you need to move your config to another box.

3. Make sure to know how are you going to comply with 911.

4. Make sure you know how you are going to provide outbound caller ID. That turned out to be the single most important thing to our customers.

5. If you can always sell them the solution with SIP phones. We have excellent success with Snom’s. We have a customer with an extension in Chile using

6. Don't waste you money on a multiple core CPU. pbxnsip will only use 1 core at a time.

7. Deploy in a good datacentre, bad connectivity or up time will kill your business in a day

Thank you very much

John Warren

585-419-8264

Hi John

We run a hosted Voice over IP company in Canada and use the PBXNSIP product for our hosted server. We have coupled it with our own sip proxy, so we have the added bonus of being able to deploy cs410s and multiple PBXNSIP servers on a single network.

We use a Linux platform and such as the other comments, we see the product as very stable. We use the SNOM phones exclusively and I must say the product is pretty impressive when used in conjunction with the Snom phones fully supporting plug and play and Key Telephone System features. We actually market our product as a virtual KSU..

We currently have about 50 domains on a single server and I am not seeing any slow down or performance issues. Be sure to take special care in Creating Trunk Groups, we have found that there can be an issue if you mistakenly add more Trunks than what you really need, pbxnsip is addressing this. We also have one domain we created on our server that we call "home.com" that provides a residential service for your business clients employees. A real nice touch. The PBXNSIP product works extremely well with the Linksys SPA2102 both POTS and Fax. Using the autoprovision feature of the SPA2102 it takes about 90 seconds to program a gateway, about the same time as a Snom320.

I would not hesitate to recomment the PBXSNIP product as a hosted server. The feature set is equal to most of the large players. You can start small and grow it and you can give your clients some features they would normally only expect from the larger players.

The single largest advantage I have found, you train yourself and your staff to manage the Hosted Server, than you can deploy the CS410 ip-pbx or the Officexx products and have the identical interface and feature sets, no retraining.

It also lets you go to a lower level and thru xml programming, you can setup some very nice options such as IVR and Billing solutions. Do not be afraid to experiment, this product will do far more than they advertise it does.

Darcy

• 1 month later...

hi darcy

1st i am really wondering how the autoprovision works with the sipura/linksys SPA2102. i tried to configure it for days, called pbxnsip support. everybody told me this to crazy to get it running nicely. not even talking about the fax setup. would really love to hear more about this. if you could point me further please.

2nd

i am having big troubles with 2 domains both having a trunk to callcentric that some with some incoming calles i dont hear the caller talking. he hears me though. (one way sound only)

also if i call form one domain the did of the other i get error messages from the gateway provider (in this case callcentric) as if the trunk would not be registered.

my pbx box is behind a firwall but has a dedicated ip address. not nated. the ip is mapped to the internal ip.

any help appreciated!

thanx