ACD Calls going to ext do not redirect

MichaelW

We have a rep who is rarely at his desk, therefore he has his ext set to redirect immediately to his cell phone. However, when he is logged into the ACD queue the calls coming into the queue do not redirect to his cell phone. Is that normal? Is that a bug? Is there an easy way to allow the user to login to his phone and have the ACD calls redirect to his cell?

Thanks,

Michael

We have a rep who is rarely at his desk, therefore he has his ext set to redirect immediately to his cell phone. However, when he is logged into the ACD queue the calls coming into the queue do not redirect to his cell phone. Is that normal? Is that a bug? Is there an easy way to allow the user to login to his phone and have the ACD calls redirect to his cell?

No, that is not a bug. The idea that people fork potentially calls to a lot of cell phones (half of them being powered of, in the tunnel and redirected to the mailbox) just do not sound like a solution to me. The agent "mailbox" always picks up immediately, and the PBX has a very hard time figuring out if it is a natural person picking up or a machine.

Though there is a work-around. You can add a static registration to the extension, then the PBX will also include the cell phone in the group. Maybe you can try this and see if it meets your business demands.

I believe it is better to try the agents in house (potentially using hot desking), then if that fails escalate the call to a specific extension and potentially also forking it to a cell phone. If then the mailbox picks up, okay then it is last resort and even the caller cannot expect much more.

• 2 months later...
No, that is not a bug. The idea that people fork potentially calls to a lot of cell phones (half of them being powered of, in the tunnel and redirected to the mailbox) just do not sound like a solution to me. The agent "mailbox" always picks up immediately, and the PBX has a very hard time figuring out if it is a natural person picking up or a machine.

Though there is a work-around. You can add a static registration to the extension, then the PBX will also include the cell phone in the group. Maybe you can try this and see if it meets your business demands.

I believe it is better to try the agents in house (potentially using hot desking), then if that fails escalate the call to a specific extension and potentially also forking it to a cell phone. If then the mailbox picks up, okay then it is last resort and even the caller cannot expect much more.

how can i setup a static registration? i have the same issue where the person on call sometimes has to step out of the office for a few minutes and needs the calls to simultaneously ring on her cell...pls advise the workaround asap.

Thank you for your speedy response.

where do i put this string though? in the user account setting on the phone i am registering or somewhere in the settings of the extension? pls advise.

You can add the static registration under "Registration" tab of the extension. At the bottom of the page you will see "Add Contact", type in the contact as described and hit "save"

• 3 months later...
Well that would be tough (to the extend of being impossible)...

I creted a new extension and used the Static Registration method to direct calls to the cell.

This works OK.

I put this new extension in a Hunt Group (Stage 1) and set the Duration for 5 seconds.

I added an existing extension in Stage 2.

The cellphone will ring when I dial the new extension number it is registered to but it continues to ring after 5 seconds.

The Stage 2 extension never rings at all, even after the Stage 1 Duration is well expired.

Any Clues???

PS I also did the same test using an Agent Group and had the same results.

Also, are we still limited to PSTN for a destination? Will SIP Trunks ever be addressable?

Bill H