TAPI

hosted

How hard would it be to get the TAPI or PAC to screen pop? meaning launch a customized URL

so a call comes in I want it to launch http://crm.server/blah?8015551212

You mean that the PAC (preferrably not the TSP) forks a new process that opens a URL? That should be not too hard. Maybe it would solve a whole bunch of requests that we have on the wishlist right now.

• 2 weeks later...
You mean that the PAC (preferrably not the TSP) forks a new process that opens a URL? That should be not too hard. Maybe it would solve a whole bunch of requests that we have on the wishlist right now.

I'm trying to understand why would this be done in the PAC client instead of the TAPI client. With the PAC, you need to configure what you are monitoring, correct? Wouldn't this prevent you from using the PnP button programming, or would you be programming a dedicated PAC account for each user that wants to use screen pops? Why wouldn't you want the TAPI client, which is already attached to my extension, to launch the URL?

Thanks in advance for the clearing up some confusion.

Tim

PAC keeps an active connection. I don't think TAPI does..

I have always thought this is was traditionally a TAPI interface function, which is why I am trying to understand why it would be done with the PAC attendant console instead of the TAPI driver. A search of doing screen pops for CRM integration to most major PBX vendors out there right now all seem to reference using some sort of TAPI interface for basic function, or using their 'more advanced' ($$$$$) client program.

I'm hoping that someone can let out some of the details about the development roadmap so we can all get an understanding of how things will flow together.

Tim