Buttons in 3.0 speed dials not monitoring ext

MichaelW

Previously you could setup a speed dial in 2.x and it would monitor the ext at the same time however, it looks as though the speed dials do not monitor the extensions any longer.

On a side note - Strange note, our front desk was setup as speed dials for a bunch of ext's has two side cars. They were as of yesterday monitoring and being speed dials.. I don't think there was an upgrade last night or any big changes, today they only work as speed dials and not to monitor. We can't use the PAC for the front desk due to the fact that she monitors 65 exts and it refreshes everytime there is a change it is impossible to see!

Please help it is very important that the front desk know when someone is on their phone. - I could change them to monitoring but then she would have to look up everyone ext..

Previously you could setup a speed dial in 2.x and it would monitor the ext at the same time however, it looks as though the speed dials do not monitor the extensions any longer.

On a side note - Strange note, our front desk was setup as speed dials for a bunch of ext's has two side cars. They were as of yesterday monitoring and being speed dials.. I don't think there was an upgrade last night or any big changes, today they only work as speed dials and not to monitor. We can't use the PAC for the front desk due to the fact that she monitors 65 exts and it refreshes everytime there is a change it is impossible to see!

Please help it is very important that the front desk know when someone is on their phone. - I could change them to monitoring but then she would have to look up everyone ext..

We had to seperate the speed dial from the pure BLF function. There are too many people putting a speed dial on a central number and that put the system under heavy load in large installations (we had one with 300 phones "subscribing" to the operator). That's why we have a "pure" speed dial and a BLF which also changes the LED upon status change.