Shared Dect phone within Agent Group

R. Baltzer

Hi,

Is there someone who knows how to solve the following situation:

I have 4 secretaries within my company who are responsible for the incoming calls.

The 4 phones (snom 320) are logged in a Agent Group.

Sometimes one of the secretaries needs to be mobile within the building so I have one snom dect phone standing on that department.

I have programmed a button on the 4 snom phones to forward all calls to the dect phone and also one button to cancel the forwarding.

So if the secretary goes mobile she needs to press one button and all the calls will go to the dect phone.

This is working for normal calls directly to her extension but not for calls coming from the Agent Group, they are not forwarded.

Another option is to login and logout the dect phone into that Agent Group, but the phone doesn't have programmable buttons so it is not very user-friendly.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Rene.

Is there someone who knows how to solve the following situation:

I have 4 secretaries within my company who are responsible for the incoming calls.

The 4 phones (snom 320) are logged in a Agent Group.

Sometimes one of the secretaries needs to be mobile within the building so I have one snom dect phone standing on that department.

I have programmed a button on the 4 snom phones to forward all calls to the dect phone and also one button to cancel the forwarding.

So if the secretary goes mobile she needs to press one button and all the calls will go to the dect phone.

This is working for normal calls directly to her extension but not for calls coming from the Agent Group, they are not forwarded.

Another option is to login and logout the dect phone into that Agent Group, but the phone doesn't have programmable buttons so it is not very user-friendly.

What about just turning the DECT phone on and off? Like a hardcore DND?

What about just turning the DECT phone on and off? Like a hardcore DND?

I have tried that but it is not possible to turn it off while the dect phone is placed into the charger.

Isn't it possible to do a forwarding also for the calls coming for the agent group?

I expected that the forward-all would do this, but it is forwarding all calls except the calls for the agent-group on that extension.

Kind regards,

Rene.

I have tried that but it is not possible to turn it off while the dect phone is placed into the charger.

Isn't it possible to do a forwarding also for the calls coming for the agent group?

I expected that the forward-all would do this, but it is forwarding all calls except the calls for the agent-group on that extension.

Oh, maybe a service flag can help here. If you put it on manual mode the assistant can change the status of the flag and then calls get redirected to the "night" destination. In this case, night would be the DECT phone.

Oh, maybe a service flag can help here. If you put it on manual mode the assistant can change the status of the flag and then calls get redirected to the "night" destination. In this case, night would be the DECT phone.

Yeah, but then I need to set the night flag for the whole agent group and some of the assistants are still on their spot, only one is going mobile. And we are using the night flag already for the normal "night" modus.

Isn't it possible to get the forward-all aslo working for calls to that extension coming thru the agent-group?

Another question about Agent Groups:

Is it possible to prevent that all users can logout?

We need to be sure that at least one agent is logged in the group so callers will be answered.

Could that be an extra Agent Group setting?

We have a helpdesk where not always all the agents are paying enough attention and sometimes by accident (?) are all logged out.

Kind regards,

Rene.

Yeah, but then I need to set the night flag for the whole agent group and some of the assistants are still on their spot, only one is going mobile. And we are using the night flag already for the normal "night" modus.

Isn't it possible to get the forward-all aslo working for calls to that extension coming thru the agent-group?

Another question about Agent Groups:

Is it possible to prevent that all users can logout?

We need to be sure that at least one agent is logged in the group so callers will be answered.

Could that be an extra Agent Group setting?

We have a helpdesk where not always all the agents are paying enough attention and sometimes by accident (?) are all logged out.

Well, the other thing is hot desking. She can use hot desking to get the calls to the DECT device...

Well, the other thing is hot desking. She can use hot desking to get the calls to the DECT device...

I have tried this and it is working but not user-friendly to enable.

To activate you have to do a lot of codes on the dect phone, it seems not possible to activate hot desking from the snom 320 (programmed button) to the dect phone, am I right about that?

Most of the old pbx boxes know a "Follow Me" code, or as I thought within the PBXNSIP software the "Forward All" setting.

But "Forward All" does not forward all the calls, is that possible to create?

And about my 2nd question: Is it possible to create a setting so that the last agent is unable to logout?

This is to prevent that callers are waiting in the queue and there are no agents listening....

Kind regards,

Rene.

I have tried this and it is working but not user-friendly to enable.

To activate you have to do a lot of codes on the dect phone, it seems not possible to activate hot desking from the snom 320 (programmed button) to the dect phone, am I right about that?

Most of the old pbx boxes know a "Follow Me" code, or as I thought within the PBXNSIP software the "Forward All" setting.

But "Forward All" does not forward all the calls, is that possible to create?

And about my 2nd question: Is it possible to create a setting so that the last agent is unable to logout?

This is to prevent that callers are waiting in the queue and there are no agents listening....

Forward all is essentially hot desking. Okay, at the moment it is not very convenient to use this through a star code. We have to think about how to make it easier, ideally with one speed dial button. So I believe the functionality is there, but the front end can be improved.

Last agent cannot logout? We could have a setting in the agent group that says "have at least xxx agents in the queue" and that would affect the ability to dynamically remove an agent from the queue. And we could just remove the star code for setting the availability flag for the agent.

Forward all is essentially hot desking. Okay, at the moment it is not very convenient to use this through a star code. We have to think about how to make it easier, ideally with one speed dial button. So I believe the functionality is there, but the front end can be improved.

Last agent cannot logout? We could have a setting in the agent group that says "have at least xxx agents in the queue" and that would affect the ability to dynamically remove an agent from the queue. And we could just remove the star code for setting the availability flag for the agent.

I agree with that, hot desking will do the job.

It would be very nice if it could be possible to activate the hot desking feature from another extension.

So then I can program a button on the snom 320 for hot deksing that extension to the dect phone.

"Have at least xxx agents in the queue" would be also a perfect solution for preventing a queue full of callers without any agents!

Kind regards,

Rene.

• 4 weeks later...
I agree with that, hot desking will do the job.

It would be very nice if it could be possible to activate the hot desking feature from another extension.

So then I can program a button on the snom 320 for hot deksing that extension to the dect phone.

"Have at least xxx agents in the queue" would be also a perfect solution for preventing a queue full of callers without any agents!

Kind regards,

Rene.

Is it possible to create that feature "Have at least xxx agents in the queue"?

We already had some filled queue's without any logged in agents....looks not very professional to our customers!

Kind regards,

Rene.

Yes, that will be in 3.1. If you want a preview, let us know what OS you have.

Wow, that would be very nice, I am using the Win32 version.

Is there also something changed for the strange BLF behavior as I described in http://forum.pbxnsip.com/index.php?showtopic=1492 ?

Kind regards,

Rene.

Wow, that would be very nice, I am using the Win32 version.

Is there also something changed for the strange BLF behavior as I described in http://forum.pbxnsip.com/index.php?showtopic=1492 ?

The latest and greatest currently is http://pbxnsip.com/protect/pbxctrl-3.1.0.3039.exe; not released yet but you'll see the progress!

The latest and greatest currently is http://pbxnsip.com/protect/pbxctrl-3.1.0.3039.exe; not released yet but you'll see the progress!

Thanks, I have just installed this version.

I have found the setting in the webinterface. It seems exactly what I need but it looks like it is not working.

I have configured it to "1" so at least one agent should remain logged in, but they are all still able to logout.

And there is a problem with the codec configuration field, it is changed to a table with up and down buttons, but the configured codecs are not listed anymore, the table is empty. I have tested this with IE7 and with Firefox with the same results. I see the following error in the logfile, perhaps that is the problem:

Web Server: File codec_selection.js not found

Kind regards and keep up the good work !!

Rene.

Thanks, I have just installed this version.

I have found the setting in the webinterface. It seems exactly what I need but it looks like it is not working.

I have configured it to "1" so at least one agent should remain logged in, but they are all still able to logout.

And there is a problem with the codec configuration field, it is changed to a table with up and down buttons, but the configured codecs are not listed anymore, the table is empty. I have tested this with IE7 and with Firefox with the same results. I see the following error in the logfile, perhaps that is the problem:

Web Server: File codec_selection.js not found

Ops, will be fixed in the next build.