Pre-AA greeting w/ flag?

Rob Lloyd

Is there a way to setup a pre-AA greeting/message w/ a service flag before the normal AA greeting is played?

Client wants to close the office for bad weather. He calls in (from an external extension, cell phone or regular phone), records the new message "Hi today is monday December 21st and we are closed for snow". Set a service flag from the phone to play the newly recorded greeting before the regular greeting.

Right now there is a dummy extension setup - for weather press 4 and he can record that with the *98 codes. This works ok but not the ultimate goal.

Thanks,

Rob

Is there a way to setup a pre-AA greeting/message w/ a service flag before the normal AA greeting is played?

Client wants to close the office for bad weather. He calls in (from an external extension, cell phone or regular phone), records the new message "Hi today is monday December 21st and we are closed for snow". Set a service flag from the phone to play the newly recorded greeting before the regular greeting.

Right now there is a dummy extension setup - for weather press 4 and he can record that with the *98 codes. This works ok but not the ultimate goal.

Did you check the 2nd tab in the auto attendant? Check out http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Auto_Attendant, it has just been updated!

• 1 month later...

I also think a pre-autoattendant greeting would be great. The way I have it now is 3 complete recordings with the same message, just the first 2 words change, good morning, good afternoon and good evening, and I have a service flag scheduled for the hours per day.

Right now if you activate 2 greetings with the service flags, only the first plays, you can leave the functionality as is, just allow activating multiple greetings.

so if I have 3 messages.

Good morning set

We are currently closed set

You have reached the autoattendant, if you know your party... set

It should play Good morning We are currently closed You have reached the autoattendant, if you know your party...

Right now it would only play good morning.

I also think a pre-autoattendant greeting would be great. The way I have it now is 3 complete recordings with the same message, just the first 2 words change, good morning, good afternoon and good evening, and I have a service flag scheduled for the hours per day.

Right now if you activate 2 greetings with the service flags, only the first plays, you can leave the functionality as is, just allow activating multiple greetings.

so if I have 3 messages.

Good morning set

We are currently closed set

You have reached the autoattendant, if you know your party... set

It should play Good morning We are currently closed You have reached the autoattendant, if you know your party...

Right now it would only play good morning.

Maybe I don't understand this... There is already a IVR tab for the auto attendant where you can specify depending on service flags what welcome greeting should be played back.

I played with the IVR Tab quite a few times. Although you can set several greetings according to a service flag, it will only play 1 greeting, if two service flags are active it will only play the first, the standard greeting will only play when no service flag is active. So a welcome greeting can not be activated.

I played with the IVR Tab quite a few times. Although you can set several greetings according to a service flag, it will only play 1 greeting, if two service flags are active it will only play the first, the standard greeting will only play when no service flag is active. So a welcome greeting can not be activated.

Oh so you want to have a pre-welcome greeting?

Pre auto-atendant greeting, lets says good morning, or good afternoon, or good evening, etc. or we are currently closed, then play standard greeting.

If the service flag related to *9870*1 And *9870*2 and *9800*3 are all active play all 3 greetings, not just the first.

*9870*1 can be good morning

*9870*2 can be we are currently closed

*9800*3 can be auto attendant greeting

Pre auto-atendant greeting, lets says good morning, or good afternoon, or good evening, etc. or we are currently closed, then play standard greeting.

If the service flag related to *9870*1 And *9870*2 and *9800*3 are all active play all 3 greetings, not just the first.

*9870*1 can be good morning

*9870*2 can be we are currently closed

*9800*3 can be auto attendant greeting

:-S the workaround at this point is to record always the following message together with the morning/afternoon/happy Xmas...

• 2 weeks later...

This is exactly what we are looking for. A service-flag that could play a greeting before the regular auto-attendant greeting. The above example is perfect - Good morning being played and set with service flag times.

My client is looking to just play "hi today the office is closed due to snow and all classes are cancelled". Then play the standard greeting which they don't want to change since it has their company jingle in the background. He wants to call the system, record the new days event and turn it on.

Sounds like a useful feature. Even "HI thanks for calling, ask your sales rep about month end specials".... or "Hi thanks for calling we are out of stock on that special game you are looking for, try back in a couple weeks". Sorry it's been a long day :(