Feature Request - Next and Previous Buttons

jlumby

I would suggest that in the individual extension configuration web pages that a next account, and previous account button be added. This feature would dramatically speed up mass changes. For example right now if you want to change a feature for a bunch of accounts, there is a lot of lost time clicking and navigating. If you wanted to change the dialog permissions on a bunch of accounts, right now you need to save, and hit list, find the next account, click on the edit icon, and click on the registration tab, and then enter your value. If there was a previous/next button, you could hit the save button, then hit the next button, and you would be to the exact same location on the next sequential account number, and ready to enter your value.

I would suggest that in the individual extension configuration web pages that a next account, and previous account button be added. This feature would dramatically speed up mass changes. For example right now if you want to change a feature for a bunch of accounts, there is a lot of lost time clicking and navigating. If you wanted to change the dialog permissions on a bunch of accounts, right now you need to save, and hit list, find the next account, click on the edit icon, and click on the registration tab, and then enter your value. If there was a previous/next button, you could hit the save button, then hit the next button, and you would be to the exact same location on the next sequential account number, and ready to enter your value.

Well, what we could do is having a link in the files dom_ext*.htm for prev and next.

• 6 months later...

I Agree having a Next/previous Button or a arrow pointing forward/backward to change to the next or previous account, even it doesnt go to the same setting on the account, since maybe the next account wont be an extension but will be a auto attendant, that will be great

• 4 months later...

Hello,

Mass editing a setting on extensions can be a real clicking around...just change all extensions to allow intercom, or to change a button profile...

So some mechanism to make mass editing easier sure would be appreciated...

next and prev would help...especially if it would stay on the same screen.

If there is some other way, please let me know! ;-)

matt

Another thing that would help streamline the process would be a template account where you could set all of the settings the way you want, and then every new account will utilize them.

Having an account that if you changed it, would apply the changed values to all existing accounts would be handy as well.

Another thing that would help streamline the process would be a template account where you could set all of the settings the way you want, and then every new account will utilize them.

Having an account that if you changed it, would apply the changed values to all existing accounts would be handy as well.

Great ideas. Especially the template account for new accounts would be great.

But changing existing settings is also something that would be nice.

Matt

• 5 weeks later...

I once again had to change one field on all extensions...boy that is a scourge! ;-)

there really needs to be a solution to that.

What if we had a Mass Edit screen that would consist of:

extension numbers you want to edit: (allow us to type in extensions) 40 41 42 43 etc.

Phone Setting to Change: (all phone extension fields in a drop down)

New Phone Setting: (allow us to type in new setting)

Button to go ahead

Wouldn't this be realtively simple?

Or am i missing some way to do that already?

tx guys

matt

I once again had to change one field on all extensions...boy that is a scourge! ;-)

there really needs to be a solution to that.

What if we had a Mass Edit screen that would consist of:

extension numbers you want to edit: (allow us to type in extensions) 40 41 42 43 etc.

Phone Setting to Change: (all phone extension fields in a drop down)

New Phone Setting: (allow us to type in new setting)

Button to go ahead

Wouldn't this be realtively simple?

Or am i missing some way to do that already?

tx guys

matt

No there isn't a mechanism for that now. But we will consider it for 4.0.